Currie & Brown is looking for an assistant or BIM manager. The successful candidate will work with and support the project BIM manager as part of the wider IMM (information management and modelling) function and support both the project and design management teams. This role is an exciting opportunity to ensure an integrated, sustainable and effective BIM solution is developed and deployed for the whole lifecycle of multiple programmes and projects which meet the strategic requirements as defined in accordance with ISO 19650.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Establishing a strong working relationship with key stakeholders and ensuring that all BIM requirements are captured and the necessary approvals are in place to meet schedule dates, as well as understanding regulatory requirements
- Providing end-to-end BIM management support, ensuring clear goals, roles and deliverables are well defined and achieved
- Assisting with the strategic development and implementation of the required procedures, policies and documentation is in place for BIM and digital construction during the design, construction, and handover phases
- Supporting and socialising BIM workflow implementation and acting as a key stakeholder on the development of the digital transformation and the BIM/IMM ecosystem
- Working with all stakeholders to ensure the integration of BIM requirements is achieved using the subject matter experts in the team (including your own expertise as appropriate)
- Developing the necessary strategic documentation to establish the required working methodologies to facilitate the capture and refresh of legacy retained information sets
- Developing the necessary workflows and establishing the required toolsets to capture and deliver the required geometric information and associated data to align to the strategic asset management plan and the wider programme master plan
- Interfacing with the existing survey workstream resources and establishing any additional supplementary resources and/or suppliers to meet the delivery of the workstream
- Supporting the project BIM manager and the wider IMM team with the emerging technologies and processes in the digital arena
- Experience of working with pharmaceutical and life science clients, healthcare and/or local authority or central government organisations desirable
- Degree or equivalent NVQ level 4/5 in an appropriate discipline (BIM, architecture, architectural technology, mechanical engineering, building services engineering and/or civil engineering) with an aspiration to gain further BIM management experience and professional qualifications
- Over two years' experience as either a BIM manager or co-ordinator/technician assisting within a functional BIM delivery role
- A working knowledge of the BS EN ISO 19650 series and associated British/ISO standards
- A working knowledge of COBie information exchanges (via IFC), information handover deliverables, classification/codification systems and asset management concepts
- A minimum of two years' experience using BIM authoring software applications and model validation software such as Autodesk Revit and Solibri Office
- A good understanding of information management platforms, collaboration platforms and common data environments
- A working knowledge of industry foundation classes (2x3 and 2x4).
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, polite, patient, diplomatic, respectful and flexible
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Currie & Brown is an equal opportunity employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. Currie & Brown UK is also proud to have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, which represents a promise by the company that those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly.