DescriptionMaintenance ManagerSandySalary £53k + Benefits
Marshalls is one of the UK's leading manufacturers of superior natural stone and innovative concrete hard landscaping products supplying the construction, home improvement and landscape markets.
Our Marshalls mission is 'Creating Better Spaces'. We're a Superbrand for the 12th year running and a successful FTSE 250. The brand is synonymous with Quality; supplying prestigious landmarks such as Trafalgar Square, while also caring for the environment and communities in which it operates.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager we currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineering Manager
at our Sandy site.
The ask is to deliver MLP's OGSM & Engineering Strategy across Sandy site through engaging leadership and strong people management skills. This role will also help with the Capital & Maintenance Programme that delivers project benefits and improves asset reliability safely, within budget and to the highest of standards.So whats the mission?
What are the mission-critical skills?
- Lead the site Engineering teams to deliver production plans, service levels & engineering strategy within quality, safety and cost parameters.
- Responsible for Major Incident Reports (MIR) to get to the root cause of significant / complex equipment failures and ensure that robust countermeasures are put in place.
- Implement & deliver the engineering strategy that will develop and drive reliability, improve quality, Safety and asset utilisation via all direct & indirect reports
- Implement best practice maintenance principles for SHE/capital programme, care and maintenance
- Manage Engineering systems, structures, resource and processes and ways of working
- Manage the engineering planning process that proactively manages and maintains manufacturing assets at site
- Ensure the engineering planning process that proactively manages and maintains manufacturing assets at site is effectively used.
- Responsible for the delivery of engineering KPI's that compliment manufacturing performance, manufacturing KPI's, and OGSM objectives
- Recognize best practices from within and outside the business and work with stakeholders in helping to implement these across the business whilst supporting continuous improvement opportunities.
- Coach and develop direct reports. Monitor and improve performance through appraisal, performance management and personal development plans to ensure that their full potential is realised
- Project management/deliver change initiatives
- Comply with all relevant company and industrial control policies and standards for driving risk mitigation and management.
- Deputise for the Site Engineering Manager
What's in it for you?
- Electrical and/or mechanical qualifications HNC / HND, Level 4 / 5 NVQ or equivalent
- 3+ Years' experience of operating in a medium/large automated manufacturing operation
- Experience of leading a large engineering team in an unionised environment
- IOSH Managing Safely / NEBOSH General Certificate
- Experience of computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS) and stock control systems
- Experience of working with engineering schedule KPIs
- Project management and leading/delivering change is desired
- Knowledge of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) would be an advantage
- Continuous improvement/lean manufacturing techniques e.g. Problem Solving, 5s, SMED
This is a great opportunity for you to work for a thriving industry-leading plc! We fully support your development and offer you an opportunity to work in a meaningful and engaging environment where you can have an immediate impact. New ideas are encouraged and you will be rewarded with the opportunity to learn and grow, achieving your career aspirations.
We offer a competitive salary, a company-matched pension scheme and many other benefits! Have a look at our careers website for more information on working for Marshalls https://www.marshalls.co.uk/careersAdditional Benefits Include
Set shift patterns + overtime available
26 days holiday + bank holidays
Guaranteed Christmas holidays
Training and development opportunities
5% employer matched pension scheme
Free onsite parking
Health care cash plan - support with Dental, Optical, Prescription costs and many more!
Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay and leave
Cycle to work scheme
Employee discount on Marshalls products
Marshalls Wellbeing Centre
EE mobile phone discount - friends & family
Share purchase scheme
Job security working for the UK's leading manufacturer of landscaping products!Equal Opportunities
Whoever you are and whatever your background, at Marshalls you'll find a fair and supportive workplace. You are unique and we want you to bring every part of who you are to work, every day.
We're committed to ensuring equal opportunities for everyone. To us, this is more than a legal, moral, or ethical necessity - it's the right thing to do! We call this doing business The Marshalls Way.
We want our team to reflect the diverse nature of society and the communities we serve. Marshalls is a workplace where you are valued for the contribution you make, and where you can grow and develop by being entirely yourself!Closing date: 30th June 2022