Charlton Morris are representing a World leader in drug development & commercial services. They are an established contract development and manufacturing organisation providing an extensive range of integrated services across the drug development lifecycle to the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors globally.
The position is primarily concerned with the management of the Packaging Design function within Group Engineering Services. This involves supervision of all activities associated with the design and specification of Packaging Materials and Components that are required for the Group Clinical Services design solutions and supplies.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Line Management and supervision of Packaging Design Team Members.
- Contribute to day to day activities of Packaging Design Department.
- Liaise with Business Development to interpret the trial and aesthetic requirements provided by the customer to develop the design of patient kits and their components.
- Maintain adequate communication with Production, Label Control, Engineering, Distribution, Project Services to ensure the designs of labels, machine tooling and packaging components are compatible with respect to size, shape, performance, functionality, storage and use, and support efficient and error-free production.
- Work closely with Procurement and suppliers to develop purchasing specifications ensuring the choice of materials for kit components and associated artwork is sufficiently robust to maintain the appearance of the kit and printed information throughout its shelf life.
- Maintain strategic overview and development of testing procedures and criteria, material selection, and risk assessments for CS packaging applications.
- Drive standardisation of packaging components to ensure the design of kits facilitates efficient and cost-effective storage and shipping.
- Drive Continuous Improvement by maintaining up to date knowledge of packaging innovations and ensuring that designs, standards and procedures evolve as new technology and processes become available.
- Ensure timely generation of Technical Reports, QI Documentation, and CRP's as required.
- Identification of training needs and opportunities for staff development via PMP process.
- Assisting with selection and recruitment process for Packaging Design Team Recruitment.
- Day to day management of staff numbers, leave approval, and absence management.
- Provide Departmental Representation for Customer meetings and Audits.
- Keep up-to-date with and report on changes in legislation, standards and good practice, that apply to department activities, through professional and academic contacts, professional bodies and personal study.
- Quality - ensuring GMP is adhered to in all areas of work;
- Health & Safety - understanding company policy and all company HSE procedures.
- Training & Development - ensuring training is received before undertaking specific duties and all training is recorded.
- HR Management - adhering to all HR policies and procedures, including absence;
- Communication - communicating with your own department ensuring transparency of information and forwarding tot he correct personnel. Providing regular updates to line manager.
- Equal Opportunities - observe and adhere to the company's Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies ensuring a neutral environment.
- Core Competency Framework - ensure that all job specific responsibilities relating to the overall role objective are carried out in accordance with company requirements.
- Work for a reputable global organisation
- Competitive basic salary
- Bonus scheme
- Competitive pension contribution
- 34 days' holiday (inc. statutory)
- Medical benefits
- Perks card