3D Technical Design Ltd (3DTD) specialise in Heat Network Design and Project Development. Offering Advanced Feasibility Studies, Detailed Project Design, Project Planning and 3D Utility and Pipe Modelling for city-wide Heat Network projects.To complement this service 3DTD also carry out feasibility studies and detailed design for energy centres, plant rooms and sub stations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated Project/Design Manager who is looking to work in a design and delivery role in District Heating and the renewable energy sector. Experience in District Heating is not required as full training will be provided the project management requires 3-5 years experience and knowledge of Agile planning principles. The role is heavily focused on the development and implementation of the company's Quality Management System, and managing the design team's development and performance against the QMS. Advanced 2D CAD skills and a good knowledge of 3D CAD work is preferable.
The initial 3 days induction will be carried out in Milton Keynes or Bedford. A one month training and introduction to the processes and QMS for delivery will be followed by a 5 month online mentoring, this will be home based. The reason behind the structured training and mentor plan is due to the niche services 3DTD provide to its clients as there are very few DHN designers in the UK or in Europe who are specialised in the buried side of heat networks hence we need to train all new employees to allow them to deliver these designs to our high standards.
Under the title of DHN Project/Design Manager, the role will develop the right candidate towards; efficiently managing, planning and delivery of market leading designs and reports which 3DTD offers to its clients.
The role includes a mentored development programme which seeks to complement a solid technical foundation with developing Middle Management skills, Technical Management skills and clinical client facing consultancy acumen.2. Experience & Core Skills
- Team Management
- A strong, solutions oriented planner using Agile principles
- Outstanding organisational skills that support the rest of the team
· Advanced 2D CAD skills
· 3D CAD skills is preferable
· Construction CAD Experience
· 3-5 years experience in the UK construction industry 3. Key Candidate Attributes
When appraising candidates, 3D Technical Design Ltd will focus on the assessment of the following attributes which build/enable success, rather than experience.
3D Technical Design Ltd passionately believe candidates excel when they:
· Have the confidence and desire to learn and question
· Are passionate about providing high quality outputs
· Establish strong relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers
· Are highly motivated and possess a strong work ethic
· Have the desire to implement and test ideas
· Are self-motivated to affect change positively
· Act Collaboratively
· Have ability to multi task4. Key Deliverables for the one month training period
During the first month training and design work will be carried out for either feasibility or construction design segments of the company. To provide a insight into the work and the standards required.
After this period you will be expected to understand all the processes and requirements for the design segment. Which will include
· Understanding the system and proceses
· Understand the drawing and model numbering requirements
· Understand the process and sequences of work flow to enable the project tasks to be delivered.5. Key Deliverables for the five-month mentoring period
The Process will be considered a success where the candidate develops to a high level where, following 5 months of mentoring and development, they could seamlessly apply their acquired skills and deliver a role similar to that within Appendix 1, and demonstrate an established track record of;
- Working at the standard set and required of the design team
- Working to required scope, within deadlines
- Operating and working to a ISO9001 quality system
· Working with the Technical Team leader that design outputs are fit for purpose and delivered within agreed budgetary and schedule constraints.6. Remuneration & Package
The position will be sourced through 3D Technical Design Ltd directly and shall offer;
- 40 hours per week
- Initial 3 days Training at Milton Keynes/Bedford, working from home thereafter
- Successful candidates will be provided with the necessary equipment to work from home
- Starting salary Month 1 - £35,000 to £45,000 000 per annum, depending on experience, increasing after 1 month
- Starting salary Month 2 to 6 - £40,000 to £50,000 per annum, depending on experience, increasing after 6 months.
- Private medical insurance scheme.
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- 6-month probationary period
- 1 & 4-month formal progress reviews.
- Flexible working with agreement from management