We are seeking a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our practice in Fulham, Central London.
This role has fantastic potential and lends itself to the successful candidates' area of interest with the opportunity to influence clinical direction.
If you're a certificate holder (or working towards one) you would also have the opportunity to take internal patient transfers from across our Central London regions.Full-time salary package up to £72,000 per annum depending on experience to include:
If desired, this role also offers the opportunity to co-own and run your practice as a Branch Partner!
- - 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- - 4-day working week with 1:3 Saturdays or 1:6 full weekends
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- - RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees paid - Certificate funding
- - Vehicle allowance or company vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Fair share of the bank holiday and on-call rota
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and holidays
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1-day 'Pet'ernity Leave
- Unlike joint venture partnerships, we're redefining what it means to work together - as we and our Branch Partners both share in the costs and profit, we're true equity partners.
- We're flexible about how much equity you purchase (up to 50%) and offer support in securing a loan
- We work with you to find the right clinic for you
- Joining Medivet will give you access to state-of-the-art equipment and specialists in our group, enabling you to remain invested in cases and practice as a large hospital - this is made possible through our unique hub and spoke model and internal case sharing
- Our Support Centre team will help you take care of all the non-clinical aspects of running a practice - giving you the option to gain experience from them
- You will have a dedicated Clinical Operations team supporting you as you develop so your career choices are never limited
- You will have the freedom to practise in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust
- You'll be part of an 800 strong vet community, unlike independent practice owner
- Your hard work, input, and leadership are reflected in your compensation
- A true work/life balance working four-day weeks, enjoying six weeks' holiday, and excellent maternity and paternity benefit
- You can sell your equity at any time, retaining complete control of your career.
- You have a hand in building the best place to work in the veterinary industry!
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.Key accountabilities:
This is a clinical leadership role, ensuring the delivery of exceptional clinical quality and care within your practice as well as overall team performance and engagement, encouraging a progressive clinical culture!
In this role, you will play a key role in leading and managing a small team. You will have the drive and ambition to develop the practice client base, ensuring high standards of care are always delivered.
As a qualified MRCVS, you'll already have good experience gained in small animal practice, competent in clinical examination and surgery, and confident working in sole charge or as part of our wider team. Skills and experience:
We require a minimum of 3 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience.
Client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills to continue building strong relationships with our clients.
The successful candidate will work to a high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and eagerness to help develop this practice further. Branch:
Medivet Fulham is a busy branch based in Central London, we have a long-standing and loyal client base.
The practice feeds into our Camberwell 24-Hour Hospital, where out-of-hours care is provided by our dedicated night team. We also have an ambulance service within the region to hospitalise your patients.
Not familiar with the area? Fulham is an up-market area of London that neighbours Chelsea and Hammersmith. The practice is close to all the action of Fulham Broadway, situated about 10 mins walk from Fulham Broadway and Parsons Green tube stations. There are also several nearby bus routes.