Bid Managers prepare and project manage the development of complex, large business proposals that serve to win valuable and heavily sought-after public sector contracts. Insequa provides this service on behalf of clients across the UK. It is a complex and challenging role that requires a very broad knowledge and skill set.
This Bid Manager role is a development pathway towards this prestigious career path.
Role and responsibilities
The initial role, following the usual induction to Insequa:
- To contribute towards the strategic planning for a number of bids, working with experienced Bid Managers to understand the geographic, demographic, and logistic challenges involved in delivering a contracted service; highlighting any risks and creating a risk plan for/with the Bid Manager.
- Collaborate with the Bid Manager and writing team on each project to complete the background research and planning with more of a focus on strategy and growth
- Analyse the key themes of the tender in detail and the client's strategic business proposition and make sure these are embedded into the storyboards
- Gather data from desk research to support the bid,
- Support Bid Managers in day to day preparation of tenders
- Use modern project management software to track milestones and task completion
- Engage with clients under the direct supervision of experienced Bid Managers.