Simpson Judge have just been given the go ahead to offer this perm-based role as soon as viable. Directly reporting into the Finance Director and with day-to-day supervision by Management Accountant you will join a small finance function. It's a varied and exciting role for the right person and even better if your local!
To be responsible for end-to-end payroll duties. Assisting with purchase & sales ledger processing, reconciling supplier statements, issuing statements & general finance admin duties
* Manage clerical and administrative resources in order to respond to business needs and demands.
* Undertake projects which support the strategic plans of the management team.
* Access to confidential financial/personal records.
* ICT equipment relevant to job function.
* Access to petty cash accounts.
* Responsible for processing of all payroll information including starters, leavers, SSP, SMP, pensions and year end processes.
* Responsible for reporting RTI payments, deductions and National Insurance to HMRC
* Reconciliation, submission & payment of pension contributions
* Responsible for keeping accurate employee records and recording of absences, sickness, holidays etc
* Assisting with the processing of purchase ledger and sales leger invoices including reconciliation of accounts.
* Assisting with credit control & payment runs.
* Assisting with petty cash payments & reconciliation
* The support the delivery of the finance operation for inhouse projects
* Management & housekeeping of payroll and finance systems
* Keep abreast of legislative developments and requirements and to advise the Finance Director and other staff accordingly.
At least 2 years recent payroll experience essential.
Working towards/achieved Payroll qualifications to Level 3 (not essential)
40 Hours per week 9am-5.30pm to meet the needs of the business including cover for some events (evenings/weekend) which will be given as time back in lieu.
If you would like to be considered without hast email your interest to