Our client is a B2B consultancy business based in Clifton, Bristol. They work with a range of blue chip customers across the UK and Europe. They provide consultancy services to companies to ensure both security and continuous of business and assist to ensure down time is illuminated. They have partnerships with some of the key technology vendors in this arena.
Our client is looking for a Technical Project Manager, reporting into their Operations Director. This role is to ensure the successful delivery of multiple technology projects.
Within this role you will manage and coordinate multiple technology and technical consulting projects in parallel, ensuring schedule, budget and scope are planned and controlled across the entire project lifecycle. Key to this role is effective and frequent communications with a small team of account managers to ensure that the customer relationship is managed holistically.
PM role involves coordinating the set of customers and the resources involved, to actively manage and control these projects.
This provides a challenging project management environment characterised by a high degree of multi-tasking/context switching, and the organization and scheduling of resources across competing priorities. The projects themselves are reasonably technically complex in nature (this aspect is managed by a core group of senior technologists). They often feature multiple dependencies on a range of different customer stakeholders - the coordination of these dependencies is key to successful delivery and a core part of the PM role.
• Oversee the creation and updates to a JIRA board defining the detailed project scope
• Schedule and assign project resources with assistance from the Operations Director, coordinating resource calendaring across all projects (availability, clashes, bookings)
• Take ownership of the delivery of the SoW and execute the project plan - tracking and actively managing project progress within project parameters of effort, gross margin, schedule, scope, risk management
• Report project status and exceptions/risks to the Operations Director
• Arrange and ensure customer communication and reporting
• Ensure that delivery process is followed and any specific deliverables/activities described in the Statement of Work are successfully completed (this is process rather than technical governance)
• Manage project information across the entire engagement lifecycle in-house resource management tool, ensure information is accurate and up to date, and informing the Operations Director of any meaningful changes
• Provide the relevant invoicing/billing information into accounting process.
• Take a proactive role in improving the project delivery/management approach through incremental improvements
For this role, our client is looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
• Experience of running in parallel a number of small projects (of a technical nature)
• Fundamental understanding of project management parameters and tradeoffs gained through experience
• Creative problem solving to schedule and coordinate resources in an optimal way
• Understanding of software/data/technology project delivery and associated process
• Customer-facing skills and communications
• Financial and commercial awareness (project relevant)
• IT literate and accomplished using MS Excel or similar to build basic project financial models
Clifton, Bristol (with hybrid working)
Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week
£40-45,000 In addition a quarterly performance related bonus plan.
Life insurance, private health care and more