Publicis Sapient, the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe, helps clients drive growth and efficiency and evolve the ways they work, in a world where consumer behavior and technology are catalyzing social and commercial changes at an unprecedented pace. With 17,000 people and over 100 offices around the globe, our expertise spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and creative, combined with our culture of innovation, enables us to deliver on complex transformation initiatives that accelerate our clients businesses through creating the products and services their customers expect.
As a Manager with our Data Engineering group, you will be responsible for consulting clients on data solutions. You will architect, design, estimate, developing and deploy cutting edge software products and services that leverage large scale data ingestion, processing, storage and querying, in-stream & batch analytics for Cloud and on-prem environments.
Your role will be focused on delivering high quality solutions while driving design discussions across Data Engineering topics (ingestion, consumption, storage, computation, data models, performance, DevOps, Test automation & Security) to enables enterprise scale digital transformation of many of the biggest companies in the world.
As a hands-on technologist you will be excited to join super talented and supportive community of Data Engineers who are passionate about building the best possible solutions for our clients and endorse a culture of life-long learning and collaboration.
- Extensive experience with Data related technologies, to include knowledge of Big Data Architecture Patterns and Cloud services (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Experience delivering end to end Big Data solutions on premise and/or on Cloud
- Knowledge of the pros and cons of various database technologies like Relational, NoSQL, MPP, Columnar databases
- Expertise in the Hadoop eco-system with one or more distribution-like Cloudera and cloud specific distributions
- Proficiency in Java and Scala programming languages (Python a plus)
- Expertise in one or more NoSQL database (Mongo DB, Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB, Big Table etc.)
- Experience of one or more big data ingestion tools (Sqoop, Flume, NiFI etc.), distributed messaging and ingestion frameworks (Kafka, Pulsar, Pub/Sub etc.)
- Expertise with at least one distributed data processing framework e.g. Spark (Core, Streaming, SQL), Storm, Flink etc.
- Knowledge of flexible, scalable data models addressing a wide variety of consumption patterns including random-access, sequential access including necessary optimisations like bucketing, aggregating, sharding
- Knowledge of performance tuning, optimization and scaling solutions from a storage/processing standpoint
- Experience building DevOps pipelines for data solutions, including automated testing
Youll Also Likely Have Some Of The Following
- Knowledge of containerization, orchestration and Kubernetes engine
- An understanding of how to setup Big data cluster security (Authorization/ Authentication, Security for data at rest, data in transit)
- A basic understanding of how to manage and setup Monitoring and alerting for Big data clusters
- Experience of orchestration tools Oozie , Airflow , Ctr-M or similar
- Experience of MPP style query engines like Impala, Presto, Athena etc.
- Knowledge of multi-dimensional modeling like start schema, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models
- Exposure to data governance, catalog, lineage and associated tools would be an added advantage
- A certification in one or more cloud platforms or big data technologies
- Any active participation in the Data Engineering thought community (e.g. blogs, key note sessions, POV/POC, hackathon)
There is a superb package of benefits waiting for you at Publicis Sapient.
We cover all the basics generously, with 25 days paid annual leave, life assurance, dental insurance, income protection, private healthcare for you AND your family (pre-existing conditions included), and a pension.
The learning opportunities here are endless. Most importantly, of course, theres the chance to be part of a game-changing organisation that celebrates creative thinking and empowerment. The creature comforts are super: free barista coffee bar (the best in town), gym-fee reimbursement and working in the most exciting, colourful and diverse local area you could imagine.
Flexibility and mobility are needed for this role. You might need to spend time on-site with our clients to deliver our world-class services.