Reporting to the Directors, the successful candidate will help develop and drive Atmo's expansion strategy - securing new clients of all sizes, driving business opportunities, leading bids to win new business, together with negotiating and agreeing contracts; continuously working on strategic expansion of our client base.
Profile of the successful candidate
- You build real relationships with clients - interactions with Atmo should be the highlight of their day and clients trust you to work in their interest;
- You have credible experience of winning bids, generating and converting leads using communication skills;
- You can call upon an extensive network of decision level contacts in relevant industries (construction, freight, manufacturing etc.);
- You have a deep understanding of our product and can write compelling technical bids in straight-forward and clear language;
Skills we are looking for
- You are determined and personally care - you work to make things right and lead by example.
As Commercial Manager, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining and building client relationships, generating new revenue for Atmo.
- You follow up leads with alacrity and strike while the trail is hot;
- You are organised and able to manage a pipeline of works;
- You possess outstanding communication skills, both written and oral;
- You are a team player, working with our technical team to ensure that - even when we promise a lot - we always over-deliver;
- You have situational intelligence and, when needed, an instinct for tact and diplomacy.
- Revenue: generating and converting leads, leveraging new and existing relationships;
- Creating compelling bids for the right projects, written in a concise and clear tone which inspires confidence.
Who we are & what we do
- Working with the team to ensure that current projects go smoothly and are followed by further works
Atmo are an environmental technology business, specialising in the gathering and analysing of real data to provide meaningful insight and fact-driven decision making.
- Our mission is to save lives, reduce emissions and maximise efficiency in industry
- Atmo make high quality data ubiquitous in heavy industry, in order to manage the environment and protect staff effectively;
- We throw light on this invisible threat, and provide the tools needed to make impactful changes to the air you breathe.
We invest heavily in R&D, requiring specialised knowledge in software development and big data analysis. Atmo strive to bring together world class talent to join our growing commercial and product development teams.Problem - Health Hazard
Industry has scant data on their working environments and is coming under increasing scrutiny given that 12,500 people die every year in the UK from poor air quality at work.
Companies are legally obliged to protect their staff by the HSE (Health & Safety Executive) and manage their environment (Environment Agency).Solution - Monitor sites, solve problems
IoT particulates & noise sensors, allowing for a dense sensor mesh Portal shows site schematics, changes over time and KPIs (analytics and AI / ML elements).Where we work
Bristol based - with clients around the UK.
We embrace flexible working, especially given the current circumstances. However, it will be required of you to occasionally join us in client site visits and team meetings (COVID restrictions permitting).Who we work with
Atmo work with large industrial clients to understand air quality on-site and subsequently help protect staff from exposure and minimise emissions to the wider environment.
These include, for example: ports, rail & construction sites.Rewards
- Performance related bonus;
- 22 days paid holiday (+ bank holidays), with an additional day off for your birthday
- Pension plan;
- Bristol-based, with potential for working from home 2 days a week;
- Negotiable relocation bonus for non-Bristol residents;
- Attractive share options and incentives for the right candidate.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your CV, Cover Letter and contact details, with subject 'Commercial Manager Opportunity'.
We may close this position as soon as we find the right candidate.
No agencies, please.