Contract type: Full time, Fixed term until 03/02/2023
We are Study Group. We are a global leader in international education partnering with students and Top Tier Universities from all over the world. We believe in a creating a better world through education, and value talented, driven, and student centred people that believe the same.
This role sits within the Onboarding Operations team and is responsible for the onboarding of new employees across Europe. This role is pivotal in ensuring Study Group upholds its high standards in Safer Recruitment and is responsible for ensuring an employee-centric onboarding experience which promotes Study Group values and culture from Day Zero.
* Co-ordinating all pre-employment checks for new staff
* Ensuring that pre-employment checks meet compliance criteria
* Ensuring right-to-work checks are compliant and maintained
* Escalating issues and anticipated delays in onboarding to relevant stakeholders
* Identifying cases and where it is appropriate to conduct a risk assessment panel, and prepare risk assessment paperwork for submission to the Risk Assessment Panel (UK Only)
* Identifying cases where it is appropriate to conduct a Decisions Log, preparing relevant documentation and conducting or co-ordinating follow-up actions are required
* Liaise with line managers, hiring managers and heads of centre to agree start dates
* Preparing dated contract of employment and sending to new hires when pre-employment checks are complete
* Updating candidate on progress made during onboarding checks, building rapport with candidate and helping reduce possibility of candidates dropping out of process
* Liaising with partners to conduct checks where required
* Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in onboarding process
* Work with Talent Acquisition Team to ensure smooth handover from offer of employment to onboarding process
* Work with Learning and Development team to deliver onboarding training for new starters with the objective of promoting Study Group culture and values from Day Zero
* Maintaining Head Office SCR and enabling colleges and ISCs to maintain theirs (UK Only).
* Updating onboarding tracker, enabling reports used across wider business
* Updating and maintaining HR systems by ensuring that employee personal details and contractual details are entered correctly and in 'real-time'
* Liaising with Payroll regarding payroll and benefits matters for new starters
* Ensuring principles of Study Group's equal opportunities and diversity policies are adhered to
* Ensuring confidentiality of personal data is maintained
* Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students
* Undertaking all other duties as required commensurate with the post.
* HR Related qualification desirable
* Previous HR Administration experience of working in a global HR Environment
* Experience of using MS office suite to produce letters, record data
* The ability to respond to appropriate requests for assistance, maintaining confidentiality whenever necessary
* Ability to communicate with clients and people at all internal levels of the organisation
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent level of written and oral skills
* Excellent organisational skills in a pressurised environment
* Ability to prioritise effectively and escalate issues where appropriate
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate