My client are a leading service based business, who are instantly recognisable within the market place. With offices on the outskirts of Harrogate, this business has experienced a strong period of growth and as a result are looking to grow by adding a Management Accountant to their friendly, existing finance team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is ideally studying either CIMA/ACCA and is looking to join a business where they will be challenged and will be able to get involved in all areas of finance. There will be an element of business partnering involved along with some analysis and project work. Due to the structure of the existing team and the nature of the work involved the role would be suited to someone who is coming towards the end of their studies.
As the Management Accountant, you will be reporting directly to the Senior Management Accountant and your main duties will initially include but are not limited to the following:-
Key responsibilities of the role are -
- Preparation and support in the production and presentation of monthly management accounts including journals, reconciliations, variance analysis and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting in the production and delivery of the monthly management information pack
- Preparing and delivering accurate profit and loss accounts with analysis and commentaries
- Approving spends and working on the budgeting side
- Assisting with the costings of services
- Business partnering with the operations team and the wider finance team and providing reports and analysis for them
- Producing KPI's
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Ad-hoc project work and financial analysis as required
- Mentoring and overseeing and checking tasks done by the Assistant Management Accountants
- Providing support to the Senior Management team as and when required
The ideal candidate will -
- Be studying CIMA/ACCA and will have previous experience of a management accounts based role
- Be looking to join a growing business that will allow you to progress whilst supporting your studies
- Have excellent IT skills, with strong Excel skills (SUM ifs and Pivot tables)
- Be able to work within a fast paced, ever changing business
- Have excellent communication skills and will be able to deal with stakeholders at all levels
For more information please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions