EU Customer Fulfillment is looking for a Program Manager to own and execute strategic, cross-functional technology projects. This position will be a part of the OpsTech IT Customer Engagement Project Team.
As a Customer Engagement Program Manager, you will lead a variety of projects with significant scope and impact supporting several different areas of the business. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver value to the customer, meeting the scope, budget and timeline of the effort. Projects will be in disparate geographic locations, requiring strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across your region. You will focus on managing the portfolio of IT Infrastructure and Software programs from Initiation to Closure. As a single point of contact for the project team, you will be responsible for end-to-end project management.
Key job responsibilities
- Build strong relationships with end-user customers to enable improved short-term and long-term planning for Ops Tech IT and ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders across WW teams.
- Provide project management and direction to ensure the project team has a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities they will undertake within the project team.
- Act as an escalation point for the project team and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans and path to green throughout the project.
- Own updates and knowledge documentation regarding hardware and equipment standards to ensure appropriate hardware standards are met and the correct equipment is procured.
- Interact with dozens of operational teams and business groups to aggressively drive Ops Tech IT support integration and mobilize changes to support the needs of our global customers
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths and with maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestone, task and project health data for all your projects in the Project Management tool and provide timely updates via Monthly Business Review (MBR)/ Quarterly Business Review (QBR).
- Provide frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of installation schedules and vendor quality, inspect prospective and completed facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures, and ensure proper follow-up.
- Facilitate formal turn-over with onsite team, support partners and monitor deliverables until agreed upon launch/project milestone is achieved.
- Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
- Identify opportunities to streamline deployments, share best practices with your peers and leaders and implement continuous improvement actions on a regular basis.
This role will include up to 30% travel. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience managing large global IT projects from initiation to closure.
- Experience with core IT infrastructure components and service concepts.
- Experience with IT software deployment service concepts
- Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others and problem solving
- Master's degree
- PMP Certification
- 10+ years of experience managing IT infrastructure/software projects from initiation to closure
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
- Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies, and Software development experience
- Experience with procurement of IT equipment
- Experience in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, or other warehouse environments
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and SharePoint
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.