* Secondary School (part of a MAT)
* September 2022 start
* Permanent contract
A diverse, secondary school in Croydon are looking for a qualified SENDCO to join their staff on a full-time basis from September 2022.
The school is growing in popularity in the local community providing a supportive learning environment for all pupils. The SENCO is pivotal in making sure all pupils make progress and are supported and cared for appropriately across the whole school.
As the SENCO you will be responsible for coordinating all the support for children with Special Educational Needs and or Disabilities (SEND) and developing the school's SEND Policy to make sure all children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school. The school is at the heart of its diverse community and the successful SENDCO will be willing to integrate themselves fully into the life of the school.
Your role will include:
* Making sure that parents are involved in supporting their child's learning including planning, regular information updates and reviews
* Liaising with outside agencies and support e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychologist, therapists etc.
* Updating the school's SEND record of need and making sure that there are excellent records all pupil's progress and needs.
* Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school
* Work alongside class teachers to write Personal Learning Plans (PLP) that specify the targets for individual pupils.
* Preparing Education, Health and Care Plans
* Organising training for staff so they are aware and confident about how to meet the needs of pupils within the school.
This improving secondary school recently become part of a large and well-respected academy group academy chain. New management within the school over the past 2 years have already begun to make significant developments to improve engagement and outcomes.
The wider Academy group offer a wealth of opportunities for their staff. Senior staff within the academy group recognise individual skills, encourage creativity and provide opportunities for staff to grow, learn and flourish and have a true commitment to career development. Each school within the group has it's own individual identity but benefits from the expertise that comes from a dedicated and experienced central team and shared learning.
The school is located in a diverse area of Croydon and is easily accessible by car and public transport
To apply for this role you must
* hold QTS and a SENCO qualification
* Have experience co-ordinating special need provision in a secondary school
* be able to coach and mentor others effectively and work as part of a team
* Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, organisation and the ability to prioritise effectively
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV.
We have a policy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Philosophy Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients