The successful candidate will be a key part of Design&Construction team and will be responsible for project managing new building planning, design and pre-construction. This will include the extension of existing facilities and any new sites.
The Pre-Construction Manager will join the EU Pre-Construction team and play an integral role in the development and implementation of the EU facility network infrastructure focusing primarily on our large Fulfilment Centers. This role will analyse and evaluate different facility scenarios and build-out designs. In addition, this candidate has to support the standardization of the technical and facility related processes and systems.
This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
Would you like an opportunity to travel and work in multiple countries and cultures?
The role will be based in Luxembourg (but could also be based in the UK) with 40% of time traveling either domestically or to other EMEA countries.
. Obtain and document all specifics regarding projects from site selection and transaction management. Research and compile all available information for site.
· Provide internal and external coordination of all engineering and architectural specifications for the building.
· Coordinate initial architectural design and permit submittals as required.
· Develop and provide supporting documents for lease agreements.
· Develop construction schedules and sequences for phasing of construction if necessary.
· Creation of construction estimates for capital requests, and other planning efforts.
· Manage due diligence, utility and other coordination efforts prior to construction hand-off.
· Provide complete and accurate documentation for construction handoff.
· Maintain repository for all pre-construction work product.
Key job responsibilities
The core responsibilities are:
• Ownership of the full process, from design, permitting and regulatory conditions across multiple countries/ cities jurisdictions and approving authorities, ensuring Amazon buildings' compliance.
• Think Big to meet Amazon business evolving needs by ensuring end-to-end scalability of processes and solutions
• Customer obsession by developing and improving mechanisms, tools and process around design, permitting, cost and securing a correct and transparent hand over to the Construction team, providing support when needed.
• Earn Trust of external and internal stakeholders by insisting on safety and quality, while delivering on time and communicating clear ant transparently, understanding the full picture of the project
• Be right, a lot, to navigate in unclear environments, work independently and take two-ways door decisions
• Dive deep, to understand the necessities and assess and manage the impact of the requests in a continuous process of chance and improvement
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or comparable experience
- Proven experience as project or construction manager.
- Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts
- Master's degree in engineering or construction management
- Ability to effectively communicate to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time yearly
- Candidate must speak fluent English
- German, French, Polish, Arabic are considered preferred qualification
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.