Purchasing Expeditor / Assistant Buyer
Hours: Full time Monday to Friday
* Ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials.
* Working closely with other teams within the supply chain.
* Negotiate with suppliers and build strong working relationships.
* Ensuring that internal targets and deadlines are met.
* Attend production meetings.
* Managing purchase order backlog, ensuring order dates and notations are updated.
* Assisting with purchase order entries and purchase administration. Load purchase orders onto system for consignment stock and calibration requirements.
* Assist with loading and updating RFQ's onto the system.
* Run monthly OTD reports.
* Assist Purchasing Supervisor with GRRN's and ensure purchase notations are updated.
* Providing cover for other roles within the purchasing/planning team.
* Visit suppliers as required.
Education and/or Experience:
* Highly motivated, team player with good organisation skills who can work under pressure.
* Ideally have experience within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
* Experience of planning tools i.e., ERP/MRP and vendor management, other related business management systems, Microsoft Office, Excel.
* Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities.
* A proactive approach to changing workload demands in an operational environment.
* Drive for continuous development and process improvement