Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Senior Director, Tax Operations to join our growing Tax team! This role will be a key member of our tax leadership team reporting to the VP, Tax.
You'll be joining a quickly scaling tax organization with global reach and will lead the continued evolution of the tax operations function supporting the business in controllership, compliance, and process automation. What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of Checkout's tax global tax provision
- Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of Checkout's tax compliance obligations worldwide
- Build and manage an extraordinary tax operations team
- Building proper automation tools for tax operations
- Teaming with the tax team, and other senior finance and business leaders to ensure proper tax operations support for all of Checkout's operations currently and in the future
- Owning the tax accounting policy function by acting as a "go-to"resource for the business by providing timely and accurate advice and establishing internal tax accounting policies
- Playing a key role in our global financial audit relationship for tax, and with taxing jurisdictions worldwide
- Building and maintaining best-in-class tax accounting controls
- Deep senior experience operating within a Global Tax remit
- CPA/Chartered Accountant or similar designation
- Experienced technical tax skills, preferably in financial services/payments
- Significant experience in multinational organizations
- Strong domain knowledge on IFRS/US GAAP related to income tax accounting including IAS12/ASC 740
- Significant tax operations, including tax compliance and controllership
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with tax compliance and provision automation tools
#LI-SW1 What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people. #Aspire
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences. #Excel
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards. #Unite
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together. Want to see us in action? Take a peek inside here. More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion. We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us. We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you.
#LI-Hybrid This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.