Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today. Tax Manager at Checkout.com
We are looking for a passionate and talented International Tax Manager to join our Tax team in London. Reporting to the Tax Director, this is a dynamic role covering a broad corporate tax remit across our UK and EU region. This will be an integral role within our growing Tax team and ideal for someone who likes variety and thrives in a fast-pace environment. About you:
- ACA, ACCA or CIOT qualified
- 6+ years of tax experience, ideally with a mix at both a big 4 firm and in-house
- Broad technical tax knowledge across the UK and internationally
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- IT literate with advanced Excel skills
- Operates in an honest, ethical manner in all dealings; acts with integrity
- Motivated team player with a proven ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the business
- Willingness to take the initiative, learn and embrace change
What you will be doing:
- Managing the corporate tax compliance and reporting process for our legal entities across the UK and EU (with external support where required)
- Supporting the Tax team in designing and implementing new processes, automation and controls
- Contributing to the effective management and implementation of our transfer pricing framework as the business continues to rapidly grow
- Actively contribute to the business' key strategic initiatives by providing corporate tax input in respect of new jurisdictions, M&A and products
- Support the Tax team in developing and implementing the business' global tax strategy
- Collaborate with other business departments (e.g. Finance, People, Legal etc) to build awareness of corporate tax matters on live projects
- Build strong relationships with external tax advisers and appropriately implement any corporate tax advice sought
#LI-MG1 What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people. #Aspire
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences. #Excel
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards. #Unite
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together. Want to see us in action? Take a peek inside here. More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion. We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us. We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you.
#LI-Hybrid This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.