Salary £35,000 - £40,000 plus benefits
Location: Oxford - Hybrid Working
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Finance Coordinator to join the Atlantic Institute based at the Rhodes Trust, Oxford. This new role will be responsible for providing coordination support for the Institute's finance administration, budget and analysis, and development of the Institutes key finance procedures.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start with as soon as possible.
The Atlantic Institute was established in 2016 with the support of The Atlantic Philanthropies, and in collaboration with the Rhodes Trust, Oxford.
The Atlantic Institute vision is accelerating the eradication of inequities for fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies. We do this by providing Atlantic Fellows and Atlantic Fellows Program staff with the networks, architecture and resources to connect, learn and act to address the underlying systemic causes of inequity - locally and globally.
More information about the Programs and the Institute can be found at our website.
To learn more about the vision of Rhodes Trust visit The Vision of the Rhodes Trust
The Finance Coordinator will be responsible for providing high quality coordination support for the Institute's finance administration, management, development and implementation of the Institutes key finance procedures and budget analysis. The successful candidate will have a key role in implementation and project support for a range of activities and will have a flair for maintaining and developing efficient administrative systems. The Finance Coordinator will need to work closely with the central finance team.
The role will be responsible for;
* Finance administration activities such as checking all invoices, managing all credit card reconciliations, and expenses claims ensuring the correct budget codes are applied.
* Leading on the management of all procurement documentation including ensuring accuracy and submitting to finance in a timely manner ahead of invoice submissions.
* Monitor the finance system and provide monthly variance reports to Executive Director, Atlantic Institute according to budget structure and then by event or spend areas (e.g. travel).
* Gather and analyse trends to support decision making for Executive Director, Atlantic Institute and the Board.
* Working with the Executive Director and Staff to build an annual budget linked to the Institute's annual operation plan. Providing analysis on previous years' budget.
* Lead on the development, implementation and management of the Institute procedures for payment of invoices, procurement, travel expenses, grant payments, credit card including supporting any implementation of Finance software in conjunction with the Finance team.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
* Significant experience in operational financial management
* Previous experience in a financial administration or accountancy roles;
* Exceptional organisational and administrative skills, with a flair for developing processes in an agile and complex working environment
* Proficiency with MS Office suite and experience with CRM software
* High standards of accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail;
* Ability to problem solve and make effective decisions
* Proactive, flexible and responsive approach, with a willingness to work outside of core hours for global events where required
* Part qualified - this is desirable not essential for this role
Benefits of working with us
* 30 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays
* Competitive pension scheme
* Generous family leave schemes
* Private health insurance
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Personal development opportunities
* Additional benefits, such as free access to the University's gardens, parks, libraries and museums, and University staff discounts in shops across Oxford.
If you would like to find out more, please click 'apply' to view the full job description and to find the link to apply. Please send us your CV and a covering letter. Please note, this advert will close on 15th July 2022 at 17:00 GMT. Due to the current restrictions, initial interviews may be held via Zoom.
The Rhodes Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We warmly welcome applications from talented people of diverse backgrounds and appoint without regard to age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, parental status, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief