A amazing opportunity for a Quality Manager has arisen for my client in Wolverhampton
Job title / Position: Quality Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
The quality managers main function is to drive quality throughout the organisation, work closely with our production and technical teams to find new methods, processes, systems or opportunities to continually improve the quality of the products we provide. The quality manager ensures that the organisations products and services meet all internal and external standards and specifications before leaving the premises. The quality manager is responsible for the effective running of the QMS thereby ensuring certification to IATF 16949 and ISO 9001.
Duties and responsibilities
* Maintain ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 certifications.
* Inspection, measuring and testing of parts and components through the production process using various equipment (verniers, micrometres, thickness, and hardness testers) to ensure they meet customer specifications and expectations.
* Complete final audit inspections and issue certificates of compliance (CoC)
* Managing APQP activities including producing PPAP's
* Hold regularly quality meetings and chair Management review meetings
* Maintain and update the quality management systems to ensure compliance
* Maintenance of FMEA & Control Plans
* Compile and submit monthly quality & KPI reports.
* Analyse quality concerns both internal and external and assist in implementing preventative actions.
* Responsible for calibration of inspection, measuring and test equipment
* Lead 8D investigations and report back to customers.
* Work closely with the production and technical teams.
* Assist with Internal audits Quality, HSE & Environmental.
Qualifications and skills
* Preferably a degree or diploma in engineering (industrial / Mechanical) or equivalent
* Must be computer literate, Excel, office, word, outlook.
* Must be able to read SPC charts..
* Ability to analyse quality performance of products / services
* Works well in a team environment
* Conflict management
We are looking for a strong quality manager who is passionate about quality and strives for improvement. A confident individual, who can deal with stress, work under pressure and communicate well with all levels of the organisation.
* Minimum 5 years' experience as a quality manager.
* Experience with ISO 9001 and 14001 as a minimum
* Automotive background advantageous.
* Metal finishing background advantageous - zinc flake.
* Internal training will be provided by the company on IT systems, products, services, specifications, and coatings.
Mon - Friday 8am - 5pm
The salary for this role is £40k
If you are interested please respond with an up to date CV