Our client is a UK leading specialist lender, offering short-term finance, auction finance, personal, commercial and buy-to-let mortgages and secured loans. We provide finance to a wide variety of customers, such as homebuyers, investors, property professionals, landlords, and small businesses, and we work with a vast network of intermediaries, including brokers, accountants, solicitors, banks and financial advisers to provide their clients with the finance they need.
* Undertake risk based reviews across the Group to identify and assess IS & BCP key risk and evaluate control performance. Act as SME on projects as directed by Head of Department.
* Oversee the delivery of the Group Operational Resilience framework to define, implement and embed the operational resilience framework across the Group. Work with key business partners to identify important business processes, propose impact tolerances and associated scenario testing plans.
* Oversee the delivery of the Group Information Security framework to define, implement and embed the framework across the Group.
* Co-ordinate the completion of BC activities across the Group including partnering with departments in building BC plans for their areas. Develop and manage BC test schedule with internal and external stakeholders/suppliers. Provide support when a disruption occurs & conduct after action reviews.
* Prepare information security and business continuity training materials including annual e-learning and ad hoc training on specific topics across all levels of management and colleagues.
* Prepare reports and associated MI for reporting to operational areas, the Group Risk Committee, relevant risk forums and external regulatory reporting as required.
* Undertake risk assessments for high risk third parties in accordance with the Supplier Management Policy considering IS & resilience frameworks where required.
* Contribute to the overall continuous improvement and development of the Group Risk Department.
* Knowledge of Information Security or Operational Resilience / BCP operational practices and processes in an operational environment
* Previous Risk Management experience within financial services
* Ability to assess risks that may arise and the impacts to the business and find solutions that will work with business stakeholders
* Ability to identify and assess the adequacy of controls frameworks and make appropriate control recommendations
* Excellent interpersonal, team-working and communication skills (both oral and written)
* Ability to constructively challenge where appropriate, including senior levels, and add value by working with them to enhance their business controls
* Team management / leader experience
* Effective problem-solving and influencing skills
* Ability to cope with pressure and responsibility
* Strong Microsoft office skills
* Experience of reviewing and interpreting regulations, legislation and industry guidance and assessing impacts on the Group
NOTE: 2 DAYS REMOTE WORKING
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday plus your Birthday - entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.