Schneider's purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centres, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Schneider Electric has an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Project Manager to manage executions of customer projects predominantly supporting customers in the London and South East region.
The successful candidate will lead functional aspects of the project (Design, Planning, Purchasing, Contract, On-site) to insure full customer satisfaction, safety compliance and financial performance and will manage the relationship with our customers and third parties within project scope and will be accountable for the execution of the project in line with the contract & specifications.
* Lead an aspect of the project through task planning, follow progresses in line with scope of work and deliverables till completion
* Manage project contract ensuring fulfilment of Schneider Electric contractual obligations and application of its contractual rights
* Systematic review of deviations against specifications, or additional customer requests, in order to generate additional revenue
* Take full accountability over project profitability (cost, cash flow & margin) including forecasting, engagements follow-up & re-forecasting. Ensure timely revenue recognition as per forecast
* Ensure all appropriate actions to timely recover customer receivables are done with the support of shared functions
* Monitor and control Project progress versus budget spending. Strive for gross margin improvement
* Ensure full & effective reporting to management (reports, project reviews). Inform management in a timely manner about project events impacting project performance or compliance with governance
* Identify and alert on execution risks. Be proactive in resolving associated issues. Escalate to Sales to manage claims & variation orders
* Responsibility of the proper implementation of Schneider Electric safety standards all along project execution, and for all parties (Schneider and subcontractors)
* Act as primary point of contact for the customer (correspondences, emails, calls, meetings) to ensure consistent execution and secure customer satisfaction
* Continuously monitor customer satisfaction and strive for improvement. Lead the issue resolution (hot loop) in the project and provide inputs for continuous improvement (cold loop)
* If necessary, conduct Lessons Learned session with Sales and Tendering team to share feedbacks
* Qualified to degree level in relevant discipline (Engineering and/or Business) or equivalent experience
* Be able to demonstrate related work experience and a strong track record in project management practices with special attention to on site logistic
* Be able to build a good customer relationship, and a strong collaboration with sales team for change order management team
* A good knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS) and/or Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) knowledge would be required for the engineering/design/applications area of the role
* Experienced user of project management software tools (MS Excel, MS Project),
* The ability to own and follow through on commitments to completion
* Ability to work independently without supervision
* Fluency in English (written and verbal) is a must, another language would be valuable
* Hold a full driving license
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Our offer to you:
* You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
* Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
* Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
* A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
* A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
* An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled