Job Title: Care Service Manager - Crisis Service
To lead on responsibility for the day-to-day functioning, management and development of the crisis service. We are looking for a RMN Band 7 qualified, Care Service Manager to manage a Mental Health crisis service and to further develop services within the group portfolio.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Service Delivery
- To lead the running, management and development of the crisis service under the direction of the Area Manager.
- To lead the development, implementation and maintenance of partnerships and engagement strategies for the crisis service, to ensure that those who refer understand how it fits within the overall crisis and acute mental health pathway.
- To lead on the timely and accurate submission of all internal and external reports, detailing interim strategies to address any areas of underperformance in line with contractual requirements.
- To lead on the development and implementation of the service crisis recovery intervention model and ensure all risk assessment and management plans, and crisis plans are of the required standard.
- Manage and audit medication management system as required.
Health and Safety Management
- To ensure a healthy and safe environment for guests, employees, visiting professionals and other visitors by ensuring service delivery is in line with company procedures and health and safety legislation.
- To liaise and work collaboratively with maintenance team, promptly reporting any housing / maintenance issues and rectifying any non-conformities identified from property inspections.
- To ensure all relevant legislation, local policy and company policy is adhered to in relation to Safeguarding Adults and Children.
Management of People
- To provide effective and inspiring leadership, management and support to the staff in the crisis service.
- To ensure all staff receive the necessary regulatory, company and specialist training required.
- To ensure that all staff engage with regular In Probation Reviews, Supervisions and Personal Development Plans.
- To manage staff performance to a high standard and manage any performance issues at the earliest opportunity, with support from HR.
- To support the Area Manager to work with the Senior Management Team, to enable the company to develop its aims and objectives by participating in strategic planning and delivery processes to further company policy, practice development and business growth.
- Qualified RMN able to work at band 6/7 level.
- Ability to write and interpret reports, including investigation reports, safeguarding referrals and outcome reports, contract monitoring reports. Management qualification ILM level 5 or equivalent knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Community Care, Mental health, Health and Safety, welfare benefits legislation and understanding of working effectively in partnership with statutory services.
- Able to use computer systems including Microsoft office and case management systems to create accurate reports and able to assess and audit staff ability to use computer systems to record client data accurately and to a high standard.
- Knowledge of methods of assessing, formulating, implementing, recording, reviewing and monitoring support, risk assessments and management plans.
- Understanding of Mental Health Crisis Management and the delivery of services to meet the needs and aspirations of service users and commissioners.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
- Minimum of 2 years' demonstrable experience of managing mental health and complex needs services.
- Experience of performance monitoring, delivering consistently high service user standards.
- Ability and experience of managing budgets.
- Current full UK driving licence and access to car