Applications and Development Manager Salary Up to £55,000 per annum, plus benefits and bonus Benefits include: Company Bonus, 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays), Company Pension, 8 x Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Discounted Insurance Products.
Our client is currently looking for an Applications and Development Manager to join their busy team in Sale (Hybrid working) or to work from home!
You will lead and develop SBGs Infrastructure and Development teams in delivering infrastructure and IT system change across SBG. Managing and supporting all escalated (3rd line) IT infrastructure and IT systems support for SBG. effective deliveryApplications and Development Manager Duties:
Applications and Development Manager Requirements:
- To lead and develop the Infrastructure and Development teams.
- Upkeep and develop their IT infrastructure and systems to ensure they are kept within their lifecycle, in line with the IT strategy and architectural vision.
- Responsible for managing team resource and forecasting for required IT or Business change, proactively highlighting resource conflicts.
- Own, develop and communicate Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) policies to ensure industry best practices and frameworks are adhered to
- Manage stakeholders across the business collaboratively throughout all aspects of the SDLC
- Ensure consistency across the development team in development practices, tooling, and documentation.
- Present prioritised technical work items to System and Business owners for consideration and planning against business-driven change.
- Implement standard delivery methodologies and practices to support all types of application and infrastructure change.
- Own and develop control framework to ensure common operational risks are mitigated.
- Lead and manage the enhancement of their cloud platform(s) to ensure they operate as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Proactively manage financial costs of their Cloud platform to maximise value and efficiency and ensure they are kept within agreed budgets.
- Establish and develop test automation within the team.
- Work with the wider IT department to analyse business requirements and develop proof of concept or full solutions to meet business requirements.
- Ensure that IT and Information Security policies are strictly enforced across their infrastructure and systems to ensure that they are appropriately protected.
- Good understanding of most of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure IaaS resources
- Microsoft Azure PaaS resources
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Azure DevOps & TFS
- Microsoft Infrastructure Fundamentals i.e., Active Directory
- Networking Fundamentals i.e., TCP/IP, VLANS, LAN, WAN
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL
- Backup Technologies
- Web Technologies
- Firewalls Technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven problem-solving experience
- Development best practices
- Agile working and Scrum
- Customer Service Skills
- Analyse and Interpret data and statistics.
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers and service partners
- A recognised IT related qualification
- Microsoft Solution Architect accreditation
- Microsoft DevOps Engineer accreditation
- Microsoft Security engineer accreditation
- A recognised IT related qualification
- ITIL Foundation
They are committed to Treating Customers Fairly. As part of your role it will be your responsibility to work within the principles of TCF which would be specific to your role and department.
Our client is committed to providing an inclusive recruitment experience to their candidates. If you are neurodiverse or require any adjustments to be made or as a result of a disability, impairment or health condition, please do not hesitate to let me know.If you think that you are suitable for this Applications and Development Manager role, please apply now!