We have an exciting opportunity for an Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Executive to join our team based in Gilwell Park, Chingford, London, on an 18-month fixed-term contract (Maternity Cover).
We're Scouts and everyone's welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Executive Role:
We're looking for an EDI Executive to help deliver this crucial work as maternity cover within the team. You'll be joining us as we deliver a project to embed race equity right across our movement, develop a new EDI programme of work, and transform our volunteer journey to attract and retain a more diverse volunteer base.
This role is a unique opportunity to drive forward race equity within the UK's largest uniformed youth organisation, helping even more young people develop skills for life.
Working closely with the Head of EDI and staff/volunteers across the movement, you will shape and deliver our wide-ranging race equity project - everything from how we recruit and train staff, attract more members from underrepresented groups, build a diverse pipeline of volunteers for leadership roles, and ensure our amazing volunteers have what they need to deliver an inclusive programme.
Key responsibilities as our Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Executive:
- Help to deliver the race equity project, working creatively with other teams to build race equity work into their delivery plans, ensure that work is delivered on time and to the right quality, and identifying and resolving (or escalating) any risks to delivery
- Lead on specific aspects of the race equity project. This could be anything from developing guidance, running workshops, reviewing policies and processes, to supporting other teams and volunteers to improve the way they work
- Work in partnership with our National Inclusion Volunteer Team, Community of Practice and other volunteers to provide advice and support as we roll out our EDI work to the wider Scout movement
- Work closely with other teams as we implement our commitments on EDI, with a focus on building their knowledge, skills and confidence on these topics
- Lead on other specific EDI operational projects and pieces of work
- Monitor and report on progress in delivering EDI projects, proactively identifying and addressing potential problems as they arise
- Organise and possibly deliver training and workshops on EDI topics
- Work with other teams to respond to members' queries and complaints
What we are looking for in our Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Executive:
- A deep understanding of race inequity and , associated concepts such as intersectionality, privilege, microaggressions and unconscious bias and oppression, gained through lived experience and/or professional or voluntary experience working in a relevant role
- An understanding of how all types of racism can impact different communities and create barriers to accessing services and volunteering opportunities
- Experience of advocating for racial justice, whether that be in a personal, professional or voluntary capacity
- Experience of matrix management and collaborating across teams
- Experience of supporting the design and delivery of processes and resources, ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet the needs of specified users
- Experience of influencing senior decision makers and decision-making bodies - this will include report writing, consultation and the ability to pre-empt questions
What we can offer you as our Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Executive:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years' service and 32 days after 5 years' service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer...
- Up to four personal days paid leave a year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Wed, 15 June 2022, 23:59
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply' now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies