An opportunity has arisen within a hugely excitment engineering company who operate within the Utilities industry.
The business in currently undergoing huge expansion and are looking for a Technical Procurement Manager to join the team. There will be some excellent, long-term progression opportunities so is a great time to get onboard.
On offer is a salary of £40,000 plus unique company benefits.
* Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement. Manufacture smarter using Lean principles to deliver more effective products on time, cost and quality.
* Support and maintain a competitive European supply base that is appropriate to support the Company's strategic objectives
* Working with the Procurement Manager to negotiate contracts, improve prices, lead-times and terms of business with suppliers.
* Reviewing/identifying new opportunities to make business savings using negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods to generate efficiencies for the business.
* Assist in reviewing and evaluating suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities. To quality check manufactured goods in accordance with the company quality policy.
* Assist external sales teams, business managers and regional managers in the associated costs and lead times required for orders and quotations including General arrangement, fabrication, installation, transport, and packing.
* To perform duties in accordance with all relevant legislation in particular the Health and Safety at Work Act.
* Engineering Qualification (HND or greater)/sufficient experience.
* Approximately 10 years' experience in a combination of roles related to procurement, logistics and quality.
* Awareness of different manufacturing processes
* Able to interpret technical drawings to ensure parts ordered to drawing meet requirement
* Knowledge of suppliers' strengths and capabilities within manufacturing industry both nationally and locally Concise, conscientious, organised with good writing skills
* Good communication & interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
* Highly organised with attention to detail
* Fluent English - written & verbal
* Ability to travel on occasions to meet suppliers, supplier visits and carry out audit.
If this sounds like soemthing that may be of interest then please don't hesitate in applying