An amazing opportunity presented by our client who are looking for an Accountant / Credit Control who wants to have a lifetime experience and join their team!
* Carry out bookkeeping, normally using Xero software, for several clients
* Deal effectively with client queries arising
* Work effectively with an outsourced accounting team
* Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
* Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments
* Liaising and dealing with HMRC/Companies House
* Control account reconciliations
* Posting payroll transactions
* Undertake KYC and Due Diligence checks on all customers
* Prepare and submit regulatory notices;
* Assist with cash-flow projections.
* Ensuring sales invoices are paid on a timely manner
* Ensuring all invoices are correctly entered onto system
* Ensuring all invoices received from supplier and for Services are correct
* Work closely with senior Directors and Managing Directors in onboarding clients, creating client solutions and trade approvals.
* Processing starters and leavers set up new employees on the payroll and process final pay for leavers.
* Engage with Financing Institutions with regards L/C arrangement, Currency Hedging, Invoice Financing and Insurance
* Adhering to the ISO 9001:2015
* Academic education, qualification, training & CPD
* Skills and experience - 2 years
* Must have experience of bookkeeping and preparing VAT returns preferably gained within a professional office environment.
* Proven skills in producing accounts to trial balance and unincorporated accounts plus Tax would be beneficial.
* Should be ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
Roles & Responsibilities
Awareness & Competency
- Initial meeting between the Managing Director to establish whether the role is to be outsourced or whether it is to be recruited for by the Managing Director, based on the competencies and skills of a potential applicant. Where the latter is the case the Managing Director will handle the full recruitment procedure.
A review of the candidate's CV's will be conducted by the Line Manager who will make a decision based around suitability of the offering role. The suitable candidate (once the decision has been made) will go through a three-step process:
1. Face to face interview with Management
2. Face to face interview with Managing Director (where appropriate)
3. Collection of 2 references (where appropriate)
Induction & Training:
- Prior to commencement of work, any individual working on behalf of Almet Trading will be subject to a comprehensive induction process which will be documented and kept on their employee file. The induction period is two weeks with an additional one-week refresher period.
Completed training will be recorded by the Managing Director and can be reviewed using the Almet Trading training matrix.
New personnel will be made aware of the Quality Management System (QMS) and CARES Scheme.
All employees will be made aware of the QMS/CARES, records will be maintained.
The awareness will cover:
• The Quality Policies
• Quality Objectives
• Relevant Documented Procedures
• Responsibilities associated with the Quality System
• Awareness the CARES scheme in relation to purchasing, processing and supplying of steel reinforcement of concrete
Almet Trading financially invests in their employees and have funds to sponsor courses which will be reviewed during the annual appraisal and requests decided upon by the Line Manager.
Throughout the year, Continuing Professional Development will be planned and undertaken. The results will be recorded on the training matrix.
Appraisals are carried out on an annual basis in conjunction with a review of the individual's training matrix.
Assessments of new employees will be monitored throughout their induction period for suitability also a probationary period of 3 months of where a review will commence with the Line Manager