Do you have the passion and professionalism to raise funds for the RSPB, and play your part in saving nature in the coasts, countryside and towns of England?
We're offering two fantastic opportunities to develop your skills in fundraising and project management as part of our dedicated fundraising team. If you are enthusiastic about the RSPB's mission and can demonstrate your talents and transferable skills for fundraising, we would like to hear from you.
Fundraising Officers - England
Reference: MAY(phone number removed)
Location: Flexible in England
Salary: £23,939.00 - £26,558.00 Per Annum
Hours: Full Time (part time would be considered, no less than 22.5 hours per week)
Contract: 1 x Permanent & 1 x Maternity Cover
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
We are looking for two individuals (1x permanent & 1x maternity cover) who are super-organised, self-confident, friendly, energetic and helpful. You will be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and enjoy getting things done whilst working as part of a team. With a keen eye for detail, you are confident in managing financial and other numeric information. You are a persuasive and versatile writer. You are confident in presenting your case in one-to-one or small group situations, and you have proven ability to manage competing priorities to tight deadlines
*Please ensure you specify whether you are applying for the permanent or maternity cover role in your application.
Both of these positions are full-time, however we would consider part-time hours working no fewer than 22.5 hours across the working week.
In this role, you will need to:
* Identify potential external funding sources and match these to agreed priority work on our nature reserves and projects, as allocated by the Fundraising Manager, in support of the RSPB's aim to save nature.
* Complete funding bids tailored to external funding bodies to secure income to fund and grow RSPB work.
* Working with colleagues across the RSPB, ensure our funders have an excellent supporter experience with us and raise their awareness and understanding of RSPB.
* Identify the requirements of our funders, including communications requirements, and manage the delivery of any funding conditions to optimise opportunities and build effective relationships.
* Monitor and ensure accurate administration of funding, in line with the team's work programme and the RSPB's project management framework, to ensure effective governance and transparency.
* Produce regular reports to assess progress and action needed against KPIs to ensure agreed annual performance targets are met.
* Ensure funder engagement activity is correctly branded, represents our organisational values and follows governance guidelines to build a strong reputation and brand for the RSPB.
* Plan and attend appropriate meetings and events in order to manage funder and partner relationships and advocate the work of the RSPB to grow support in order to save nature.
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
* Understanding of fundraising (grants, trusts, businesses) and donor and supporter motivations.
* Understanding of and application of project management principles.
* Sales and or/fundraising.
* Proven excellent writing skills.
* Able to interpret complex information and communicate it simply to target audiences.
* Persuasive communicator and negotiator with the ability to influence.
* Able to work under own initiative, with the confidence to ask for support and direction where needed.
* Solutions-focused approach, with the ability to overcome setbacks in order to get the right outcome for the RSPB.
* Able to organise oneself effectively and prioritise work in order to get the right things done.
* Able to deliver a high level of customer service to a variety of audiences.
* Competent user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Proven experience in fundraising/ sales and delivering to income targets.
* Proven experience of relationship development in an outward facing role in the not for profit or private sector.
* Proven experience of working as part of a team.
* A-level education or equivalent.
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
* Degree or equivalent qualification/experience in relevant field.
* Professional or academic qualification in fundraising.
* Experience of working with volunteers.
* Understanding of charity sector and associated fundraising techniques.
* Interest in, knowledge of and passion for nature.
Closing date:23:59, Wednesday, 29th June 2022
We will be looking to conduct interviews on Monday the 11th and Tuesday 12th of July 2022.
Please click the 'Apply' button to be taken to our website where you can complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please