Maintenance Team Leader - Perm - £49,200
I am currently recruiting for a Maintenance Team Leader, to join one of my clients a blue-chip manufacturing business in Milton Keynes.
This position will be reporting directly into the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for managing a team of maintenance engineers. Developing their skills and improving the overall performance of the plant. It will provide an excellent opportunity to move into a management position!.
* Developing the PPM Plan with Engineering Manager and allocating weekly PPM's & Corrective Work to the team. Monitoring the completion of tasks and ensuring work orders are completed on time.
* Development, upskilling the maintenance teams in technical and behavioural improvement and conducting monthly 1-2-1's.
* Become the machine expert, for process, filling and packaging equipment on site. You will be the key point of contact for resolution of problems as well as developing the machine specifications and proposing and improvements.
* Responsible for small capital projects (c£10K - £50K) and improvement projects.
* Work with the Engineering Manager to review and analyse line efficiency, wastage and downtime data to develop an improvement strategy.
* Producing detailed written reports when and where required i.e. downtime sheets and line log books. Audit minimum 10% of the maintenance tasks ensuring they are completed to the correct standard.
The successful candidate will :
* Be Qualified to NVQ lvl 3, BTECH, HND or Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Automation or similar engineering discipline.
* Have strong Maintenance Experience within a hygienic manufacturing environment (Food, Beverage, FMCG, Pharmaceutical or Chemical industry).
* Possess a strong track record in continued improvement, reliability cantered maintenance or can demonstrate implementing and developing PPM schedule.
* Wisht to take on a leadership role and work towards maintenance manager.
* Have good communication skills, written and verbal.
* Be detailed orientated
* Be a good team player.
This position is a great opportunity for a Senior Maintenance Engineer or Reliability Engineer to take on a responsibility to manager a small team of maintenance engineers and be responsible for developing their skills and increasing the reliability and efficiency of the plant.
It will provide the lucky candidate with an ideal platform to move into a maintenance managers role down stream