Administrator (Payroll, Attendance & Finance)
Location: Meldreth, Nr Royston, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Salary: £10.54 p/hr £21,915 per annum
We have an exciting opportunity with a quality client based near Royston. Our client is currently looking for a Payroll, Attendance & Finance Administrator. You would be working in a children's home that provides education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people aged 6-19 years with severe and profound communication difficulties associated with conditions such as cerebral palsy, autism, brain injury and degenerative disorders.
The site is shared with a young adults home that is a transition service for young adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities.
The post holder will take responsibility for a full range of administrative tasks required for the effective running of the service. This will include elements of site-based HR and Payroll, Finance and General Administration as required.
* Maintaining the HR system, ensuring accuracy in terms of rota patterns, unplanned absences, overtime and resolving any queries relating to inconsistencies and pay
* Running a variety of regular absence and payroll reports
* Co-ordinate the agency worker safer recruitment process, ensuring all agency documents are received before they commence work
* Maintain agency worker records and carrying out regular audits
* Check for accuracy and approve agency worker timesheets on a weekly basis
* Support Service Business Manager in administering finance processes including but not limited to purchase orders, petty cash and reconciliation
* Assist with preparing information for board reports, forecasts and budgets as required
* To support the HR Administration team, as required
* Collating interview packs for recruiting managers
* Support with printing induction packs for new starters
* Note-taking for formal meetings and investigations
* Filing confidential documents into employees' files
* Cover reception as and when required
* Provide administrative support to other areas of the site as and when required, particularly to cover absence/holiday
* Demonstrable experience of working in administrative roles ideally to include HR/finance experience and/or within an education or care environment.
* Computer literacy - essential packages are Excel, Word, Outlook, and databases (training will be provided for the HR system)
* Ability to handle confidential pay and employment data with discretion is essential
* Experience of data entry
* Attention to detail - this role will operate with minimal supervision, so ability to check own work for accuracy is essential.
* Problem solving skills is essential
* Organised, good time management.
* Ability to manage own time and multi-task.
* Good written and verbal communication
* Good level of literacy and numeracy (at least 5 GCSEs above C to include English and Maths).
High street discounts (Perkbox)
Bike to work scheme
Car lease scheme
Health cash back plan
Employee assistance programme
Training and development