Finance is a team of circa ten people, split between Corporate and Funds, with the bulk looking after the Fund side. However, this is a soft split and there will be an opportunity for the incumbent to gain exposure to the funds side further down the line as the role develops.
The Finance Manager will report to an experienced Financial Controller in a heavily outsourced setup. As a result, the role will enjoy oversight responsibility with plenty of time and opportunity to support on the value-add side with exposure to commercial finance and heaps of project work.
Key areas of responsibility will cover:
- Oversight of third-party service providers including payroll, accountants, tax advisors etc.
- Reviewing externally produced monthly reporting packs and subsequent presentations to senior management.
- Supporting with the production of budgets and forecasts.
- Reviewing FCA returns prepared by third party advisors.
- Undertaking financial analysis to produce insightful data focused MI.
- Supporting ongoing process improvement and automation.
- Business partnering with the funds finance team and wider business
- Ad hoc project work
Organisational culture is very much people first, with a focus on investing in employees and the provision of long-term career development. Compensation is excellent and bonus driven (30-45%) with a comprehensive wider benefits package. Flexibility is also readily available and most people work from home two days a week.
The ideal profile for this role will be a recently qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent who has trained at an accountancy practice and looking to make their first move into the world of private equity. It would also suit someone who has trained in industry and is keen to take a step up.
Apply online for immediate consideration or get in touch directly with Thomas Davenport at Eames Consulting for more information.