Are you interested in driving new programs to help Amazon become the industry leader in ultrafast grocery deliveries? Are you interested in the science of packaging and chill chain and passionate about innovating on behalf of our customers? If so, the Central Delivery Team is looking for an experienced, driven, analytical, and creative Program Manager to execute on Amazon Global Specialty Fulfilment Team (GSF)'s packaging and chill chain improvement strategy.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. In this role, you will be responsible for influencing, scaling and executing the packaging design strategy. This will involve working both internally and externally to benchmark existing solution and define short and long term vision for end to end packaging and chill chain solution in alignment with Food Safety, Legal and Sustainability goals.
This position requires the ability to think big and execute, creating solutions that scale across Amazon GSF's logistics network. To be successful, you will need excellent communication and influencing skills to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders. We interface with GSF Operations, Business Development, Finance, Legal, WW Sustainability and Data Science teams to identify solutions which reduce the carbon intensity of Amazon shipments, save money while protecting customer experience.
In addition, this opportunity requires excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, technical environment. The ability to work independently and deal with an ambiguous environment is a must. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of driving product launches and strategic initiatives to their completion. The ideal candidate is motivated, agile, with strong time management and project management skills. The candidate will also have a passion for helping us to identify and promote sustainability orientation and opportunities at Amazon.
The role can be based in any Amazon corporate offices in EU.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Identify, create supporting business case and lead packaging and chill chain improvement projects in order to support and inform the long term growth strategy
- Monitor project execution and ensure that the project delivery is to the appropriate levels of quality and in line with its target date, ensuring the overall integrity within the program;
- Identify gaps in our tech systems, build business case and influence our tech partners to support our chill chain optimization efforts
- Communicate and present to key decision makers and senior leaders packaging optimization program progress within Amazon reporting mechanism (WBRs, MBRs, QBRs)
- Completed Master's degree (or equivalent)
- Experience in program management/Product Management, logistics, operations, supply chain, transportation or related field with ability to influence without authority as an individual contributor
- Intermediate to advanced expertise with analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, MS Excel, Access and SharePoint
- MBA preferred
- Proven experience independently identifying and delivering operational improvement projects
- Previous experience in an e-commerce environment or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus;
- Previous experience with packaging design and chill chain validation process
- Advanced SQL and Excel and Proficiency in automated reports/dashboards (ETL, Tableau, etc)
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and ability to influence others
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Strong analytical thinking skills including the ability to solve ambiguous problems with a self-directed logical and data approach.
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.