Supply Chain Lead
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Supply Chain Lead.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work within the Warship Support Maritime Services Supply Chain responsible for delivering procurement / supply chain activities associated with a defined area.
- Support and/or prepare outputs and deliverables and select suppliers in line with the departmental procedures and systems
- Support and/or negotiate all commercial, financial, quality and schedule elements of contracts and any authorised changes in line with departmental procedures
- Pro-actively support and deliver effective supplier management and manage open order book in line with the project's integrated schedule
- Support Line Manager in delivering KPI's
- Identify and implement cost saving opportunities
- Identify risks, opportunities and mitigation plans and implement accordingly
- Act as the primary point of contact with assigned suppliers and customers (internal/external).
- Understand and adhere to the company Export Control requirements
- Be first port of call for escalations within the Supply Chain team
- May be required to support in areas outside of this scope due to business requirements
Key skills & qualifications
- Experience of Procurement / Supply Chain Department
- Commercial and contractual acumen
- Working understanding of tool sets and IT (SAP desirable but not essential)
- Experience and understanding of MRP
- Working knowledge of Purchase to Pay
- Tender process and down selection experience
What we're looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £27.26 per hour (inside IR35)
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand , follow our page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter