A new interim opportunity has arisen for an experienced public sector procurement professional to join this organisation for an initial 6 month period. Working as part of a small team you will be responsible for leading on high value complex procurement exercises, as well as managing end to end tenders and advising on the best procurement approach.
Your duties will include:
1. To work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the procurement strategy is delivered and supported.
2. To undertake and manage procurement activities in accordance with the organisations strategic and operational objectives.
3. Use of tender, quotes, e-auctions and other sourcing tools to drive best value.
4. Implementing of procurement related solutions in order to generate cost savings and efficiency improvements across their procurement activities.
6. Supporting the Senior Procurement Manager in the development, agreement and delivery of the forward plan for the allocated category of expenditure, and the delivery of savings and efficiencies from improved management of expenditure. This will include setting improvement targets for allocated areas of procurement spend.
7. Deliver appropriate strategies for existing spend categories including the procurement processes to be undertaken and the evaluation criteria.
You will need to be able to demonstrate public sector procurement experience and have strong knowledge of OJEU and PCR 2015 as well as category management strategies and indirect procurement experience. Experience in Local Government would also be an advantage.
This is an interim role and does require someone on-site presence each month.
Day rate £450-£500 Inside IR35