*Duty Manager (Learn to Swim Programme) - Swim! - Sheffield, South Yorkshire*
*Hours: Full Time including weekends*
*Salary: Starting from £23,000*
*History of swim!*
Olympic medallist Steve Parry is behind the creation of *swim! *which aims to be the best learn to swim experience in the country. We are using bespoke facilities to deliver a high-quality swimming provision to children aged 0-11. At *swim! *our programme focuses on great technique and core skills before progressing onto distances, lessons have fun themes each week for children. Our members-only access offers clean, modern and warm changing rooms designed for children, a panoramic viewing lounge with refreshments and activities for the whole family, smart lesson management and our unique *swim!* awards to celebrate your child's achievements. All of this comes with a simple online booking process with no need to rebook every few weeks.
*Our Olympians need you!*
*swim!* is looking for a new Learn to *swim! *Programming Duty Manager to assist with the opening of a new bespoke learn to swim centre. This is an integral role to the day to day swim program and operating of the centre, providing a high-quality environment and product to our customers.
If you have a passion for working within leisure and facility management, this is the role for you, which offers lots of career opportunities and progression.
* Responsible for the *swim!* program performance and KPIs
* Opening & closing the *swim!* building
* Lead and manage the teaching team, creating monthly rota's, conduct team observations and monthly status meetings.
* Mentor and develop swimming teachers in line with induction, customer journey, *swim! *programme expectations and teaching USPs
* Regular meetings with *swim!* manager and *swim!* management team to ensure alignment to objectives and performance KPIs
* Complete observations of the team on a regular basis and feedback areas of improvement to ensure alignment to *swim!* programme outcomes
* Suggest developments to the programme and themes for consideration and continual improvements including movement strategies
* Support the delivery of fun and inspiring lessons to 0-11-year olds, ranging from non-swimmer to competent swimmer
* Manage program budget and schedule making efficiencies and costs savings where feasible
* Help deliver exceptional customer care to every swimmer and family member
* Support teachers in assessing swimmers using an online tracking system and follow awards process when swimmers progress through their *swim!* journey
* Support delivery of the *swim!* experience including showing customers round, driving memberships and sharing best practise
* Reviewing feedback from customers relating to programme delivery and devise action plan for improvements to positively impact our retention
* Shift management of all operational staff when supporting in Duty Managers absence
* To maintain the facilities hygiene, operational and safety standards, striving towards a 5-star monthly audit score
* Ensuring the pool plant is always working to full capacity allowing all lessons to take place, and that all planned preventative maintenance is carried out
* Work closely with the *swim!* manager, operations manager and pool engineers to ensure necessary action is taken so the pool runs efficiently.
* Complete and record all health and safety checks as assigned, for daily, weekly and monthly checks to ensure smooth operation of the site.
* Inspect and maintain building systems and provide support for basic preventative and reactive maintenance when required
* Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations at all times.
* The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS)
* Pension scheme
* 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Get your birthday off
* Company uniform
* Discount on swimming and gymnastics lessons for family and friends
* Employee recognition scheme
* Training opportunities
* Employee assistance programme