Join a global technology solutions company as a Finance Manager. Based in Reading but offering a hybrid working model, the role can offer mostly remote working if that is best for you. Equally if you would like to be office based, that can also be accommodated. This is a great opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a well established team and progress within their career in finance.
Your responsibilities as a Finance Manager:
- Review and correct periodic statutory and management accounts and commentaries in agreed formats
- Ensure compliance with all financial, VAT and corporate tax returns regulations
- Support the Finance Director with the budgeting & forecasting process
- Analyse financial performance and contribute to budgets
- Produce month end and year end journals
- Support group reporting and external financial and other audits
- Review bookkeeping process with an external service provider
- Supplier and customer invoices, cash postings, fixed assets, accruals and prepayments
- Manage payroll process with external bureau
Required skills and experience as a Finance Manager:
The ideal candidate will be a 'Big 4' trained, (Top 10 practice firms also considered) ACA qualified accountant (ACCA will be considered). Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area such as Accounting or other appropriate subject. At least 5 years' experience is required. Experience of accounting procedures including Purchase Orders, customer and supplier invoices, bank payments, fixed and current asset schedules, VAT, payroll. Experience of month end close procedures and reporting, HMRC payroll and VAT reports, and internal and external audits. Desirable skills include experience in managing external Finance function suppliers, e. employee expenses, POs / invoices, bookkeeping.
£60,000 - £65,000 + bonus + pension