We are looking for Engineering Manager for a growing, successful IT Support and maintenenace business in Cirencester.
The main requirement of the role is to manage the team of L2 & L3 Engineers, who provide triage, diagnostics, remote support and technical support to the field engineers, service desk and customers alike.
The products that are supported are all of the tier one data centre products that we currently trade in (HPE, Dell, IBM, EMC, Netapp, HDS, Cisco etc).
This is an exciting and very important role for the Maintenance business and is a great opportunity for both personal and business growth.
1. Day to day management of EMEA Engineers and customer raised cases
* Manage Engineer case queue efficiently
* Resolving and responsible for all technical escalations within all platforms
* Reviews the maintainability of any new hardware support opportunities
* Operate as the technical lead in problem resolution with engineers within the Region
* Assist with requests from our Sales Team's in presales related activities, conference calls, technical assessment meetings, as required.
* Works with Logistics to assist in the acquisition of hardware for Curvature's labs.
* Facilitate the continued development of internal training classes to the Engineering team. These classes are designed to reduce support costs company wide and facilitate successful service at the global level.
* Evaluate OEM and third party training classes for content and value; as well as provide recommendations to regional management on minimum training requirements necessary to provide service on specific OEM platforms. .
* Superior communication skills is a must including explaining issues to a non-technical audience
* Ability to work in and with remote teams globally
REQUIRED Qualifications & Competencies
(Knowledge, behavior, skills and capabilities required for success in this role)
1. A good all-round general education leading to 5 pass qualifications at age 16 and 2 pass qualifications at age 18. Ideally working to further educational qualifications such as a degree or higher diploma
2. 5 Years' experience of managing a team of people with the ability to set targets and measure success and failure rates
3. 5 Years' experience of working within a maintenance or support environment
4. In depth knowledge of the operations of a service desk / NOC environment
5. Sound technical knowledge of the supported product list including any specific OEM certifications
6. A proactive approach to dealing with internal and customer escalations and issues
7. A proven track record of managing customers on a daily basis, be that in person, by phone, email or other media platforms
8. Excellent communication skills
9. Excellent organisational skills
10. Calm and confident characteristics when dealing with stressful situations
11. Ability to solve problems and issues on your own initiative wherever possible
12. A collaborative approach to working with other managers both locally and internationally