About Charles Taylor
Charles Taylor is a leading global provider of professional services and technology solutions to the insurance industry. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry, employing some of the industry's 'best in class' professionals and technical experts. Our services and solutions support every stage of the insurance lifecycle and every aspect of the insurance operating model, across all major commercial insurance lines as well as technical areas of personal insurance. We serve a diversified blue-chip international customer base that includes national and international insurance companies, mutuals, captives, MGAs, Lloyd's syndicates, and reinsurers, along with brokers, distributors, and corporate insureds.
Charles Taylor is PE-backed, following a majority investment by Lovell Minnick Partners in January 2020, and has strong ambitions for organic and acquisition-led growth.
Our delivery of high quality, tailored services and solutions to our clients is backed by our core values of support, excellence in people, client partnership, quality of work, entrepreneurship, and positive change. We look for employees who exemplify these values to join us and help drive our growth.
For more information, please visit Overall purpose of the job
Charles Taylor InsureTech is looking for an experienced Information Security Project Manager that will complement our existing team. The Information Security Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the information security strategy (migrations, upgrades and new products or procedures), audit remediation and information security compliance programmes, and other key security initiatives and activities. The role holder will be required to have oversight across all Assurance initiatives projects.
Success in this role requires a 'can do' attitude and positive engagement with senior management that concentrates on delivering transparent non-disruptive security solutions to enable the business to secure clients, to grow and to innovate rapidly and securely.Key responsibilities
- Supporting the Head of Information Security and CISO in the delivery of the information security Strategy and key Information Security transformation initiatives including the information security audit remediation and compliance programmes.
- Supporting Group Assurance Towers in Project Governance, Project toolkits, and reporting back to Assurance SMT on projects.
- Able to align and articulate any given initiative to the Group Assurance Risk landscape - constantly checking the validity of a given initiative to the infosec and assurance strategy.
- Implement end to end Cyber security projects. Ensuring projects are well defined, resolving ambiguity and obtaining the appropriate level of sponsorship from the business.
- Project-Managing Information Security audits, including stakeholder management, audit facilitation and remediation planning.
- Manage multiple projects in a structured manner with deliverables such as project plans, risk and actions logs being completed in a timely manner.
- Working across multiple geographies to deliver global programmes of work that is both technical and challenging
- Regular Reporting to Project Governance boards such as Steering Committees and reporting on project status to management.
- Establish a RACI for each initiative to ensure roles and responsibilities are clear and communicate these to stakeholders and other colleagues as required.
- Develop the project business case.
- Create project documentation and artefacts to establish clarity on the scope of a project, e.g., by product descriptions and PID's
- Managing the financial budget for projects
- Managing the project risks and ensuring reporting and escalations are done in timely manner
- Managing the project issues and ensuring reporting and escalations are done in timely manner
- Building strong relationship and communicating with all stakeholders internal and external to the organisation.
- Liaison with any 3rd Parties
- Controlling a project:
- Measuring: Checking project progress toward meeting its objectives
- Evaluating: Determining the cause of deviations from the plan Correcting: Taking corrective actions to address deviations
- Risk Management: focus on reducing risk during project phase, and handing off remedial risk to operational functions appropriately
- PRINCE2, Waterfall and/or Agile project leadership experience - strongly desirable.
- Familiarity or experience with Agile techniques - preferable.
- Planning - strongly desirable, either using MS Project and/or other tools such as Excel or PowerPoint to convey and communicate progress to a timeline.
- Resource management - Getting the best out of a diverse resource pool, establishing availability and clear Terms of Reference for project.
- Ability to deliver high quality outcomes with an agreed timescale, balancing multiple conflicting requirements.
The Job Holder is expected to act as a role model for the Charles Taylor Values:
Ad hoc duties
- Supportive Environment
- An Appetite for Change.
- Supportive Environment
- Excellence in People
- Partnership with Clients
- High quality Work
- Group-wide Entrepreneurship
As requested by your Line Manager, the Job Holder will perform reasonable ad hoc duties within the Job Holder's capabilities.Person specification
Why join Charles Taylor?
- Professional Project Management Certification (E.g., Prince2, Agile)
- 5+ years' experience in a Project Management role, or equivalent
- Portfolio of successful IT or security projects delivered on time
- Experience in delivering Information Security projects, procedures and/or organisational changes
- Information Security awareness and ability to communicate Information Security principles across IT groups and business units
- Experience of multinational projects, and how different countries/cultures may impact project delivery
- Awareness of budget management and reducing operational costs
- Project risk management strategies and transferring risk issues to operational teams during handover.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Multi-national, insurance or finance industry experience preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT and NIST.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant data privacy legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., GDPR).
We are very proud of the fact that nine out of ten of our people recommend Charles Taylor as a place to work. We pride ourselves on having a positive work environment where our people are empowered to make the best decisions and where learning is valued highly and shared across our business.
We are very committed to ensuring our people are given continuous learning and development. As well as structured induction programmes and job training, we provide study support for relevant professional qualifications and have a Core Learning & Development Curriculum.
Charles Taylor is a fun and inclusive place to work where people are truly valued and encouraged to enjoy a host of social and sporting activities available. Quiz nights, tennis tournaments, football matches and a range of other events take place throughout the year.Equal opportunity employer
At Charles Taylor, we are proud to be an Inclusive Employer. We provide an environment of mutual respect with zero tolerance of discrimination of any kind regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital/ family status, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.
Our external partnerships and the dedicated work we do in promoting a transparent and fair recruitment and selection process all contribute to the successful, inclusive, and diverse culture and environment which we are proud to be a part of at Charles Taylor.