Our client, Norlake Hospitality Limited, is a London based owner and developer of unique hospitality properties and experiences around the world. The group owns nine trading hotels, operating under The Hoxton brand in the UK, Europe and USA, as well as the landmark Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland.
In addition to these, the Group has a further four hotels and another member club in development throughout UK and Europe. Once completed and stabilised, these will bring the market value of the owned assets to around $2.5bn with annual Group revenues in excess of $500m.
Their sites are operated by third-party managers, with the majority falling under the remit of Ennismore, who is a world leading lifestyle hospitality brand. Both Ennismore and Norlake started their journeys together in 2012 when Norlake purchased its first hotel in London (Hoxton Shoreditch) and Ennismore was created to manage the site. Whilst Ennismore and Norlake have different ownership structures, the two companies have been close partners ever since and each are a fundamental part of the others business.
What you'll do
- Responsible for managing the consolidation process for The Hoxton & Gleneagles groups to ensure key information is provided to our internal and external stakeholders in accordance with agreed timetables.
- Contribute to the ongoing process of improving the quality of key information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare timetables and instructions to the Group to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Responsible for maintaining the group reporting structure, including preparing consolidation accounting for acquisitions, disposals and group restructuring.
- Manage the statutory reporting for the Group, including drafting of the statutory accounts and be a key contact for queries with the external auditors.
- Involved in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of new accounting systems.
- Prepare and deliver training programmes to finance and non-finance personnel on areas of complex accounting under UK GAAP, and other relevant GAAP, including IFRS.
- Prepare briefing papers on commercial and accounting issues.
- Management of Group Reporting Accountant.
- Ad hoc project work
What we're looking for
What's in it for you
- Minimum 2 to 3 + years Qualified ACA or ACCA
- Previous experience with global, multi-currency consolidations in line with UK GAAP and IFRS; you've been involved in delivering group monthly, quarterly and annual management and statutory financial reporting and an external audit process
- Strong technical proficiency in UK GAAP and IFRS
- Experience of managing relationships and working closely with other accounting departments
- Strong Excel Skills
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative and get the job done
- Continuous learner always looking to improve on the status quo
- Competent communicator of financial information to non-finance persons
- You're looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits for us
- You're not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
- Competitive salary, bonus and pension; 22 days holiday (and bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance, life assurance and a health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- Excellent discounts across all the sites we own
- Training and Development that helps you think, grow and thrive at work
- Opportunities to develop and grow in a fast-paced work environment
- Regular team get togethers
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.