Life Ledger is as new service that simplifies the administrative processes around a death. Our free, easy-to-use platform allows families to notify multiple companies in multiple sectors from one place. We are a small, ambitious, dynamic and agile team committed to helping people deal with some of the practical elements of a bereavement.
We trust colleagues to make decisions about when and where they work. Our working week is 37.5 hours with no fixed start or finish time.Job Purpose
This role will deliver the charity partnerships programme at Life Ledger. The post holder will deliver our current partnership activity and develop extensive networks within the charitable sector, providing a high level of stewardship to our partners and ensuring income targets are met.
You will be commercially astute but altruistic and empathetic in approach; able to understand the motivations of charities and to build partnerships that deliver real value around these.
You'll do this in line with our Values and to achieve our Mission. This will include:
Person SpecificationExperience and knowledge
- Delivering income for Life Ledger and charities by maximising income generation opportunities across existing charity partnerships
- Working with and anticipating the needs of charities to deliver maximum impact with minimal touch.
- Building strong third sector networks and working closely with stakeholders in charities to ensure delivery and capture learnings to strengthen partnerships
- Increasing the number of charity partners we work with through the effective promotion of Life Ledger's products
- Working with the Founder and other colleagues to look to identify and test new income generation concepts and products. Translate new thinking into deliverable activity and a range of sustainable income streams.
- Continually horizon scan and keep abreast of cutting-edge third sector innovations to build on income generating commercial activities.
- Work with others to ensure a range of resources are available alongside the creative use of social media to support our commercial activity.
- You'll be a brilliant ambassador internally and externally, representing Life Ledger at events, presentations, and key supporter meetings
- This role profile is not exhaustive and is subject to review in conjunction with the post holder
Skills and abilities
- Direct experience of working in a charity relating in an income generation discipline.
- Success in collaborative working and leading teams to achieve targets.
- Proven ability to support the building of a joined up collaborative approach to income generation through a myriad of channels and structures across a complex range of stakeholders and networks.
- Highly developed planning and financial modelling / budgeting experience.
- Creative and innovative approach to identifying and implementing commercial opportunities
- for income generation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop, foster, maintain and utilise a network of existing and new relationships.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to act in a diplomatic, credible and effective manner whilst representing Life Ledger.
- Ability to think strategically and plan ahead, whilst also being flexible and reacting swiftly to changing needs and demanding situations. An excellent planning and project management approach with the ability to ensure varied activity is coordinated.
- Strong financial skills and numerical analysis with the ability to produce budgets and credible
- effective data and reports. Able to discuss financial details with confidence.
- Highly developed and effective verbal, presentation and written skills.
- An approach that is empathetic, compassionate and supportive.