Our client is recognised as one of the UK's leading law firms and they are currently seeking an experienced Compliance Office/Analyst.
This role as a Compliance Officer/Analyst sits within the firm's Risk & Compliance Team and will involve being part of a team of new business intake analysts. The main purpose of the role will be carrying out conflict searches using conflict database software and conducting in depth analysis of the results of the searches.
• Performing client identification checks and preparing client and matter risk assessments
• Helping to develop the firm's new business intake policies and processes.
• Risk assessing new and existing clients and matters, conducting AML due diligence checks and research, and producing reports.
• Carrying out conflicts of interest checks for the firm within the conflict database software, analysing conflict search results, identifying the existence of potential conflicts and liaising with partners and fee earners to address or clear potential conflicts and open files.
• Liaising with partners and fee earners to obtain further information to assist with conflicts and AML analysis and to escalate any issues to the Head of Risk & Compliance or senior colleagues.
• Answering conflict/AML queries from the firm or escalating them to the Head of Risk & Compliance or senior colleagues.
• Supporting and developing junior members of the team.
• Assisting stakeholders across the firm with client acceptance processes.
• Contributing to updates to new business intake software.
• Helping to develop best practice standards, policies and procedures in relation to client acceptance, risk and compliance.
• Keeping up to date with relevant regulatory and compliance developments and assisting with monitoring compliance risks.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level with previous experience in working within risk and compliance. Non-graduates with previous risk and compliance experience will be considered.
You will have knowledge and/or experience of using business intake systems such as Intapp Open, Orbis, Smartsearch as well as an understanding of the SRA conflicts rules and anti-money laundering legislation. Proficiency in the use of internet as a research tool and ability to learn use of software research tools swiftly is also key to this role. There is some flexibility to work from home.
Whilst we would love to be able to respond to every application we receive, it is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion