Assistant Financial Planner
Salary up to £40k - Mostly remote working
Training, time off for study and support through exams
About the Company
Our client is recognised as one of the leaders in their field, they are known internationally for their work and the impact this work has across the 100 countries they operate in. They are known for quality, performance, and exceptional results. Our client is a leading, purely fee based, Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) that provides a full range of financial planning services, from financial health checks to advice about investments, pensions, tax planning and employee benefits.
Because they are independent, their advice is unbiased and tailored to clients. As a result, clients only pay for the advice, as they require it. This unbiased approach to financial planning, based solely on a client's circumstances and lifestyle objectives, sets this client apart from other financial planning firms.
About the Role
As an Assistant Financial Planner your time will be split between working, client visits and studying for your exams. You will be building your knowledge base and understanding of client affairs in preparation for managing your own portfolio. You will be understanding client needs and assisting them with different strategies to make their money work for them.
• Learn the financial planning process and how this is applied in the profession
• Learn about the possible solutions that can assist our clients
• Learn how to use client management software and systems in order to prepare client advice reports
• Learn about the compliance and regulatory aspects of the profession to which you must adhere
• Be able to obtain relevant information from providers in order to understanding a client's affairs
• Be able to take ownership of delivery of client advice
• Begin providing your own solutions and ideas to client scenarios
• Provide greater assistance to the financial planner with providing initial ideas and solutions to clients
For the rest of your training, you will be striving to build your skillset in order to be a financial planner with our client in your own right. You will be expected to take responsibility for client solutions and the delivery of these whilst ensuring that we keep to stated deadlines providing the best client service in a compliant manner. We would expect your salary to be approaching £50,000 at the end of your second year.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• 1-2 Years experience in a financial planning / planning administration role.
* Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility
• A curious nature; the interest and willingness to know what drives people in order to understand what they want to achieve
• Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems
• Willingness to exceed client expectations whilst managing different needs and having the desire to get work done
• Attention to detail and strong time-management skills along with the ability to work quickly and under pressure
• Commitment to self-development & learning
• Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity
• 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
• Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
• Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
To apply to the Assistant Financial Planner role simply send your CV and we will review and make contact with you immediately. Your Talent Solutions is a recruitment company that specialises in projects and programmes