GBR Recruitment Ltd are proud to be working in close partnership with a leading progressive manufacturing client recruiting for an highly experienced Payroll & Employee Benefits Manager to lead the Payroll & Employee Benefits team making process improvements (CI), implementing change in working practices to make them more effective & smarter by putting together a strategy then rolling it out across this fast paced demanding operation, where accuracy plus proactivity is essential to keep the business moving forward & remaining competitive in a highly competitive market.
Your remit will be to ensure the weekly & monthly payrolls are accurate for all weekly & salaried staff across all levels & all areas of this large scale business employing 100's on a permanent, temporary & contract basis.
This role would suit someone who is used to high volume processing of payroll & benefits (100's to 1000's of employees) & who is fully experienced with HMRC protocols plus ideally a member of CIPP with supervisory or management experience ideally within FMCG, Food, General Manufacturing or similar high output operations.
Payroll & Employee Benefits Management Duties:
* Effective Management of the Payroll Team, ensuring accurate delivery of weekly & monthly payroll, including payroll reporting (hours, figures etc.)
* Compliance lead for all regulatory, legislative requirements such as Tax/HMRC, PSA etc.
* Ownership of the Mitrefinch TMS (Time & Attendance) & flexipay payroll systems; developing the system as required for continuous improvement
* Responsible for Year End processes; ensuring all year end processes are fully completed plus highly accurate e.g. holiday, tax
* Leading the management of all employee benefit schemes, including payroll & employee benefits administration tasks across Benefit Hub, Pensions & Pension Salary Sacrifice, Health: private health scheme, life assurance, critical illness, EAP, salary sacrifice Green Car Scheme
* Completing Annual Employee Benefits Schemes Review & Renewal of successful engaging Schemes; partnering with various external providers along with reviewing, negotiating & renewing effective benefit schemes when required as well as looking at competitors & what they are offering with a view of implementing new enticing employee benefits into the company to give that competitive edge (innovation, creativity & trend setting)
* Salary Benchmarking & Employee Benefits research lead, looking at what other large scale manufacturers are offering in comparable environments & comparable roles
* Effectively & Successfully communicating all regards such as the pay & additional wider benefits across all sites e.g. with SMT & FTE's
* Produce MI & KPI's for the Board relating to the Payroll & Benefits
* Assisting with the effective delivery of the Group People Plan roll out
* Providing suitable holiday cover for the weekly & salary payroll processes
Experience & Qualifications:
* Extensive experience of high volume payroll functions across a multi-site operation within manufacturing / production settings
* Extensive Employee Benefits experience in terms of latest trends on the open market to entice the best talent & to deliver CI to the operations
* An innovator, a creator, an entrepreneurial mindset who knows what Pay Levels & Employee Benefits work in 2022
* Highly accurate & Highly attentive to the finer detail of high volume data sets & data dashboards
* A real developer & successful implementer of payroll & employee benefits software systems to help improve efficiencies & accuracy
* Experience of developing / delivering pay & employee benefits strategy
* Ideally a professional member of CIPP
* People management / supervisory experience in a comparable role
The client is interviewing immediately for this role & they are seeking to hire the right talent immediately too, potential May start depending on the individuals notice period