** SEN Teacher (SEMH) Worcester **** Full Time - September to December 2022 **
This unique opportunity is for an innovative SEN Teacher with SEMH experience to join an Ofsted 'Good' graded alternative provision school located in Worcestershire.
The school is committed to delivering a transformational approach to supporting KS3 and KS4 pupils with SEMH needs. Staff are passionate about all pupils achieving a positive destination when they leave school and are dedicated to building positive relationships and creating a wealth of opportunities to encourage personal development and meaningful learning experiences in a safe environment so all pupils can thrive, grow and achieve.
For the autumn term, you will be welcomed in to a caring, good humoured and well disciplined school where strong nurturing relationships are at the heart of everything they do.
A strong knowledge of the geography curriculum is highly advantageous however not essential, as what matters most to the SLT is a qualified teacher who is the right fit for the school - a teacher who understands and can positively relate to pupils with SEMH needs, and has the confidence and knowledge to effectively support them.The Headteacher requires a SEN Teacher (SEMH) Worcester who:
- Has previous teaching experience in a similar setting and/ or working with secondary aged pupils with SEMH needs (EBD, ADHD, ASD)
- Has excellent communication skills and a natural flair for establishing positive relationships
- Is approachable, proactive, resilient and versatile
- Has high expectations, an excellent command of the classroom and the ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Has a creative teaching approach that inspires and motivates all pupils
- Is eligible to work in the UK
- Holds a UK teaching qualification: qualified teacher status (QTS) or qualified teacher learning and skills (QTLS) status
- Possesses a current enhanced DBS certificate that is registered on the Update Service or be willing to apply for a new one
For immediate consideration for this SEN Teacher (SEMH) Worcester position - call or email your CV to
Applications are welcomed from experienced teachers and ECTs.
Like the sound of the school but it's the wrong location, or are you a qualified Teacher who is searching for the FLEXIBILITY of SHORT TERM supply? Would you like to teach in a VARIETY of schools WITHOUT PLANNING/ MARKING RESPONSIBILITIES?
No problem! As WORCESTERSHIRE'S LEADING SUPPLY TEACHING AGENCY, we are confident that we can help you! We EXCLUSIVELY support schools in and around: Worcester, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Evesham, Pershore, Malvern, Kidderminster, Bewdley, Stourport and Hagley with their long and short term recruitment and supply cover needs.
Academics are committed to safer recuritment and safeguarding children, we expect every SEN Teacher (SEMH) Worcester to share this commitment