Location - London - Hybrid working with 3 days per week in central London. Our Client
Our client are a very early stage financial services provider operating in the personal finance and business banking space. They will be looking to launch their business with a focus on credit cards and then growing into personal and business current accounts and then looking to apply for a banking licence in due course.
They have a huge level of funding which makes this opportunity so exciting. More than many of the well known fintech's had at the same stage. The role of Card Operations Manager
We are looking to hire a dynamic and seasoned credit card operations professional to be a key member of the operations team.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the daily activities for the company's credit card operation, including payment processing, mailings, and associated support functions. Designing and implementing credit card operations policies and procedures and recommends changes to increase efficiency. You will ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
As a Card Operations Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of card operations and you will play a key role in shaping the customer experience and the business moving forward. It is a great role for someone who likes investigating complex problems, getting to root cause and implementing elegant solutions. On a daily basis, you will be investigating card and payment related issues, own card operational processes and work closely with different teams (customer experience, developers, fin-crime, product, design) as well as external partners to create scalable tools and processes.What you'll do in the role of Card Operations Manager
- Be the 'go to' person for troubleshooting and investigating complex customer queries related to use of their card.
What you'll need to be a Card Operations Manager
- Partner management: managing BAU to ensure the seamless delivery of our card services with operational partners.
- Share responsibility for incident management and assuring our reliability and business continuity, as well as communication with customers over card operational issues.
- Share ownership of the internal bugs and issues process within operations and work closely with QA, engineering and product to investigate and prioritise solutions
- Own all aspects of card distribution including manufacturing, packaging, shipping and day to day interaction with our card production bureau.
- Share responsibility for improving operational processes - defining/improving, monitoring and reporting (such as refunds, transaction reconciliation, rewards program operations).
- Plan internal tools and processes and work with product and engineering teams to build them to improve internal efficiency as well as the customer experience
- Working closely with other departments (CX, compliance/KYC/fraud, product, marketing, etc) to achieve operational objectives
- Credit Cards experience is vital for this role
- Have several years of work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Be enthusiastic about being part of a team who seeks to change the way people interact with financial services
- Have a passion for financial services, payments and operational processes and creating great user experiences
- Be a Problem Solver, Highly Analytical, Resourceful, Hard working
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have SQL experience, and proficiency in one programming language is a plus