ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Working fully embedded within one of our global pharmaceutical clients, with the support of ICON right behind you, you'll be at the heart of our client's innovation. The Local Compliance Specialist provides services within the assigned country/countries or region that ensure a comprehensive quality and compliance approach for clinical trials in close collaboration with local and global quality functions, and ensure clinical trials are performed in compliance with local laws and regulations, industry standards.
· Knowledge of the overall drug development process
· Developing or developed skills and knowledge of business processes and practices (i.e., SOPs governing clinical research activities)
· Good working knowledge of MHRA/HRA/country-specific regulations
· Understanding of quality assurance activities, e.g. audit, CAPA management
· Ability to translate data into information and strategies into executable action plans improving the business
· Ability to motivate professional colleagues and stakeholders
· Conflict resolution/management and negotiation skills
· Ability to independently plan, organize, coordinate, manage and execute assigned tasks
· Problem solver
· Highly committed to quality
· Flexible and persistent
· Good conflict handling/negotiation skills
· Able to create win-win situations with internal and external partners
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That's why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.