I am currently engaged with a Tier 1 international law firm who are currently looking for a Commercial Litigation Director to join their growing team in Leeds. Having previous experience working within Commercial Litigation is seen to be necessary for this position. As a senior lawyer in the team, you will have the ability to manage and lead complex cases, teams and clients, with proven negotiation skills and the ability to delegate appropriately. You will also play a role in shaping and driving the development of the team, including the supervision and mentoring of junior lawyers.
Their Commercial Disputes team advises on all forms of contractual and non-contractual disputes in court, arbitration and other dispute resolution forums, as well as working closely with colleagues from around the firm to help clients manage risk and avoid disputes. Areas of focus include corporate disputes, international arbitration, competition, insurance, product safety and recall, reputation and information protection, IP, IT and technology, and civil fraud. The team's expertise spans a number of sectors including health, transport, manufacturing, energy and retail & consumer. The Commercial Disputes team represents a large number of UK and international corporate clients and high net worth individuals.
The Litigation Group understands that an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the transactions underpinning the disputes we deal with is essential to the sensible resolution of those disputes.
The Litigation team has lawyers across all UK offices and internationally. In each of the markets in which we operate we are recognised by independent commentators as one of the leading litigation practices, with a strong reputation in all of our offices for our commercial and innovative approach to resolving business disputes.
They have real expertise in key areas, including swift delivery of commercial solutions to complex and critical issues. We can strategically deploy a combination of formal proceedings (including court and arbitral proceedings) and all aspects of alternative dispute resolution (including negotiation, mediation and adjudication). They recognise that an in-depth understanding of the transactions underpinning the disputes we deal with is essential to the sensible resolution of those disputes, so often work closely with our non-contentious colleagues. Their in-depth knowledge and understanding of the way our clients operate give them a significant advantage over our opponents, who are frequently the magic circle/major city firms.
The client have a modern approach to working practices and are advocates of flexible working, supporting working parents and those with caring responsibilities, along with colleagues with other extra-curricular commitments, creating an inclusive team and developing talent.
At this stage in your career, you may have developed a specialism in a particular area of commercial disputes, a specific sector or have a particular interest in business development. If so, we will encourage you to develop that further. You will also maintain some broader work to provide variety to your work and flexibility for the team. There will be plenty of opportunities for you to take on additional responsibility and advance your career.
Any successful applicant will need the following skills:
• Ability to support cases across a broad range of commercial litigation issues.
• Strong technical understanding of the law.
• Good drafting and communication skills.
• Demonstrate a commercial and common sense approach to issues.
• The ability to work to deadlines within a challenging environment, and to work as part of a team.
• Self-motivation and be keen to be involved in marketing and business development.
• The ability to actively support complex transactions, liaising and coordinating with fee earners from other relevant disciplines as needed.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent academic achievement.
• Experience gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level.
• Clear understanding and working experience of the operation and structure of a leading law firm and the needs of clients of a top flight team.
• Strong commercial awareness - but most importantly a willingness to learn and a genuine interest in litigation.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• A proven team worker.
If you feel as though you would be a good fit for this role then feel free to send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 07513711253.