Our client is currently recruiting for a Head of Category Management to lead a team and be responsible for the strategic commercial direction for the Corporate, HR and Professional Services spend areas. This is a greenfield / brownfield opportunity that would suit procurement / commercial professionals who can work across the full category lifecycle and have a track record in developing category strategies (including make or buy), market engagement, senior stakeholder engagement and team leadership. With a significant spend, these roles offer the opportunity to deliver flexible, creative, innovative a leading edge solutions.
Key deliverables include:-
- Team leadership and management, including coaching and capability development.
- Deliver 'best in class' category management, through developing innovative category strategies that demonstrate a clear focus on delivering value with consideration to either make vs buy
- Work collaboratively across a wide senior stakeholder community to develop category strategies that deliver value and are sustainable
- Possess excellent communication and consultative skills to build strong relationships with stakeholders / suppliers.
The successful candidate will ideally bring a blend of the following:-
- Strategic category management experience, ideally within either HR / People Services, Corporate or Professional Services spend
- Ability to understand / map business processes and requirements, including looking at route cause analysis with a view to leading in-sourcing or out-sourcing category strategies
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, including ability to engage, influence and positively challenge in highly complex environments
- Experience in leading, managing and developing the capability of commercial teams
- A track record of thought leadership and transformation
This role attracts a salary of up to c£95k + bonus and can be contractually based out of either London, Bristol, Hampshire, Gloucestershire or Lanarkshire with the flexibility of home / office working.Langley are a diverse, minority - owned business and we are passionate about promoting diversity and equality. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability status or gender and particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.
For further information please email email@example.com or call +44(0) 333 366 0839 quoting 7936NR.