Are you ready to relaunch your Finance career?
Have you been out of the workforce for an extended time? Or have you been working in a different field and want to return to a career in Finance?
Restart your career in a fully paid Returnship Programme at Amazon with the potential to progress to a permanent full-time position.
*About the Returnship Programme*
This 16-week paid employment opportunity is available to you if you are looking to resume your professional career after experiencing a period of under-employment and/or unemployment.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
*Benefits included in the Program:*
- *Paid,* 16 week, Fixed Term Contract
- Access to Amazon's *Great Benefits*. See more here. (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/benefits/global)
- Opportunity to *Work from home* for the duration of the Returnship
- *Flexibility* - Your manager will work with you to establish the best and most productive use of your time.
- *Work on real-life projects*
- Extensive *support and mentorship* to get you back up to speed
Upon successful completion of the Programme, there is the potential of an offer for full-time employment which will be based in the Amazon office in London.
*Who can apply?*
For this opportunity, the Amazon Returnship Programme welcomes Returners with previous experience in Finance or a similar Analytical role to apply.
If you have a gap in your employment, for whatever reason, or if you are currently under-employed or employed in a different field, and want to return to Finance, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply you must be living in, and have the right to work full time in, the United Kingdom and be available to start working fulltime in the Returnship Programme if your application is successful.
Key job responsibilities
- Provide data driven insights the empower your stakeholders to make business decisions that improve performance
- Ensure that financial controls and processes are in place and respected through continuous audit, reporting, and systems implementation
- Lead continuous cost improvements, and track savings. Present, defend, and gain support for these initiatives from senior management.
- Establish and maintain operating and business metrics, and improve accuracy and pace of the decision based on metrics.
- Enhance and scale existing tools, develop agile processes, design and implement new solutions
- Integrate data improvements and increase visibility into financial reporting and planning processes
If you transition to a permanent position after the programme you will need to live within commuting distance of the Amazon London office.