Currently seeking a Build Technician for a company that are developing the Recuperated Split Cycle engine for Heavy Duty (HD) transport and power. The company must now deliver a fast-paced program of build and development of their prototype truck-sized (9-15 litre) engines.
Having relied on engineering service companies, the company are now building in-house capability, and is looking for an experienced engine builder, a role that requires a mix of engine build, instrumentation & testbed set up skills. The individual will report to the engine build lead, so a variety of experience levels will be considered upon application.
* Hands on build of Prototype engines in strict accordance with build book & instructions from Engineering Build Manager and supporting specialists
* Providing feedback build notes on build process & design to support problem resolution & build process improvement
* Building test hardware using a no faults forward approach
* Resolving issues with absent or incorrect parts
* Supporting build book updates and maintain build birth history history, recording all parts, measurements, assembly torques etc.
* Managing component preparation, inspection and "lineside" storage in relation to engine builds
* Preparing & instrumenting engines for test
* Recognised Mechanical / Production / General Engineering apprenticeship, or hold an appropriate qualification (City and Guilds, NVQ, ONC, HNC, HND or Degree)
* Experience preferably over a range of engine sizes to include HDD Truck engine in the following areas:
* Engine teardown, parts measurement, grading, and crack-off torque recordings
* Engine build and documentation, test bed setup, instrumentation and commissioning
* Managing Stock of spares for rebuild and ongoing maintenance
* Awareness of Health & Safety in the workplace (IOSH Managing Safely is desirable)
* Able to work both autominously and work with supporting teams to deliver complex engine builds on time and to process & quality metrics
* Own comprehensive toolset for completion of engine build & rework activities. Desired, not essential
* Other desirable experience includes:
* Familiarity with Problem resolution such as 5 Why/ 8D/ Shainin Red X
* Natural Gas engine set up and maintenance
* Experience with Iveco Cursor range of engines
* Vehicle build & instrumentation; desired but not essential